Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2010, 09:43 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
New Years Eve

Cool. Years ago we went to the bar with friends, bucket of beer specials, noisemakers, free pool. It was fun, we worried about getting a DUI, so we partied close to home.
Maybe 10 years ago, we made reservations at the Hyatt here in Kansas City, got a nice room, I rented a Tux, good food, Chocolate bar, Balloon drop at midnight, noisemakers, free Champagne, dancing. Nice, No worry about DUI.
Now we sit here in front of the TV, blankets on our laps, Sue is Knitting, I am surfing the Internet. Doubt if I stay awake until midnight. No noisemakers, no Champagne, no free pool.
Times change.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
I`m glad you joined the crowd. We live in CA. so we watch the ball go down in Time Square on cable, it`s really 9.00 PM for us but we act like its midnight so we can go to bed.

We hope everyone has a Great New Year.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:38 AM   #3
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Ozz, welcome to the Over The Hill Gang. We just got home from eating a late lunch put a new tank of propane on. Now we have the fireplace on and not going out again tonight. Going to stay warm and toasty in this 3400RL tonight as the outside temp drops to the single digits. Sure glad we have that artic package.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:02 AM   #4
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
It's now 6:00 pm. We just had a nice meal at a local sports bar we like to frequent (they are one of my clients). We're now home and getting comfortable. We're in for the night. We'll watch the ball drop, have a glass of bubbly and go to bed. It doesn't get any better than that.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:43 AM   #5
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

Cool. Years ago we went to the bar with friends, bucket of beer specials, noisemakers, free pool. It was fun, we worried about getting a DUI, so we partied close to home.
Maybe 10 years ago, we made reservations at the Hyatt here in Kansas City, got a nice room, I rented a Tux, good food, Chocolate bar, Balloon drop at midnight, noisemakers, free Champagne, dancing. Nice, No worry about DUI.
Now we sit here in front of the TV, blankets on our laps, Sue is Knitting, I am surfing the Internet. Doubt if I stay awake until midnight. No noisemakers, no Champagne, no free pool.
Times change.
I was just thinking about calling it a night, Ozz...afterall, it is almost 7pm. What's this business about making noise?? I have to get some sleep!
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:23 AM   #6
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
We got to bed at 9PM and dreamed about the ball dropping!
ARJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:02 AM   #7
itaves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8637
We had a great dinner of chicken cordon bleu served to us at the table by the owners of our park (Thousand Palms in Inverness, FL) followed by bingo and dancing until 1 a.m. We actually stayed up that late....but slept in this morning. A great New Year's Eve!! Happy 2011 everyone!!!
itaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:10 AM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
At 10:00 p.m. Central time I walked from the computer room to the living room and announced I was going to bed. Earlene asked if I was going to watch the ball drop. She said it in such a way that I knew I should stay up until 11:00 p.m., so I sat down in my recliner. Yeah! Right! Recliner!. I'm happy to report that I woke up a few minutes before 11:00 p.m. and along with Earene, Bill Heller, Megyn Kelly (Yeah! Ummmm!) I watch 2011 ring in (East coast). So all is well.

What is it with these "black eyed peas," every year?

Happy New Year everyone.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:26 AM   #9
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Okay, we partied. Went to the next door neighbor, about 5 other couples and one set had a couple of young elementary/middle school kids. We had soup and salad for dinner followed by some killer desserts. We played Sequence (women versus men) and the men kicked butt (6 games to 2) but us guys were good sports cuz we wanted to be able to hug the women later. Then moved to Mexican Train dominoes, mixed teams, mixed results, no yelling or fisticuffs. Played to 11:30pm.

Cranked out the plastic put-together stems and bases and pre-filled the sparkling cider while we waited for the countdown at New York's Timesquare. At midnight it was hugs and a few "yippees" and drinking our bubbly (I had the apple/grape sparkling stuff and wow, I liked that). 10 minutes later we all thanked the host, said our goodbyes to everyone, walked to our respective homes and went to sleep. That was our party. Our biggest concern was not getting hit by anybody while walking across the street to get back to our homes.

Happy New Year!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:06 AM   #10
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
We had a party last night here in the Monty! Staying at my son's house here in San Angelo, TX. The five grandchildren came over for the party while parents went out for New Years dinner. Had a great time with great company, lots of food and lots of laughter! Since we did this last year also, it looks like it is going to become a New Years tradition!
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:34 AM   #11
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
We really blew it out as we always do. Cooked surf and turf by the pool and after a good dinner we went to bed at 10pm.
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:33 AM   #12
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I had a rip roaring bachelor night. Cooked a hunk of tri tip on the grill, fried some onions, put all in a 10 inch La La flour tortilla and scarfed it down. Watched the ball drop with Bill and Megyn and went to bed with Villa and Suni at 1030, Az time. Cathy was in CA this year. A great time was had by all. Animals were nice to me this morning as they didn't wake until almost 7:30. (They know who the boss is)....played some pickleball, walked around the resort with Villa, had a leftover tri tip sandwich and now watching Miss St WHOOP Michigan. 52-14 right now with 4:06 left to go. About 45 degrees outside and a toasty 69 inside. AHHHHHHH, Life is good!!!!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote