Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2010, 07:27 PM   #1
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Sureflow water pump

after spending close to 200.00 for a new water pump by sureflow 5,3GPM at 65 psi. I am disapointed with its preformance it starts out slow then gets up to speed, and if there is air in the line it hammers very well too. of course I find out that they now have manufactured a better pump called the revalution this pump does not even need a accumaltor tank it has new type sensors to prevent hammering at a price of 100.00 = or -.
So I have adjusted the pressure screw up all the way and back 1/2 turn, it is still a work of art, dont waist your money on it.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:24 AM   #2
gojodo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5540
Trailer Trash 2, I have a Sureflow 5.7 Extreme pump (I think the number is right) which pumps a surge of water when I turn it on and then drops to very low pressure. I use to have an accumulator but I took it out of the loop and I think it actually helped. I asked a mechanic at an RV place recently about it and he said the diaphragm in the pump may be worn. I asked this question to the Sureflow tech but could not get a reply. The mechanic I talked to suggestion the Flowjet as a better alternative. I know nothing about it but you may want to look at it. I think he said it was the Constant Pressure system. I looked it up and found the Sensor VSD Constant Pressure DC Water System by Flowjet. Please post any further information you discover. It looks like many people have these types of problems. John
gojodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:53 AM   #3
kountry traveler
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9428
Trailer Trash2, I have had a carpet cleaning business for 19 years and have used FloJet pumps in my machines and chemical tanks for spraying the chemicals. Most of the pumps have lasted for 4-6 years of heavy use with very few problems. The only thing I have had to replace was the diaphram for the pump which is about a 10 minute job. I know that they have a variety of pumps that vary for max. pressure and GPM. I have a 2980RL also and if I need to replace the pump it will be with a FloJet. If you want more information PM me.
Have enjoyed some of your post on storage ideas.
The best one was the info you gave me on the swivel for the dinning table.
Thanks, THE KOUNTRY TRAVELER

kountry traveler is offline   Reply With Quote