Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Should have stayed in Florida......

We are currently in the small town of New Phila, PA. New Philly is just east of Pottsville, PA in east central PA.

The HI temps in New Philly for the past few days has been in the mid 90s with the humidity around 50%
The HI temps in Clearwater, FL have been in the hi 80s with humidity around 57%

It's one of those "if I knew than what I know now" I could have stayed in Florida and not paid these HI fuel costs.

But than again I wouldn't have seen my DD, S-I-L, GS, GD and my one and only GREAT GRAND SON. I guess it's like they say "Sometimes ya gotta pay the piper"

The good news is they want it around 70 for a hi next Monday in New Philly and 89 in Clearwater.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:32 PM   #2
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Glenn,
I know how you feel. We went to the mountains between Angel Fire and Taos NM to escape the heat and wind for a few days. Guess what, it was hot, and dry there too. At least the wind wasn't bad, and it didn't smell like tires .

It sounds like you guys are having fun in spite of the heat though, and I'm sure it's great visiting the kids, grandkids, and the new great grandkid.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:04 PM   #3
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Hey Glen, I know what you mean; it looks like its cooler in FLA than it is where we live.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:56 PM   #4
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Same here. After a record cold May, then constant rain/storms for the past 2 weeks, some here are griping about the lack of summer fun weather and they are threatening to go home. A little premature, maybe... Cheryl is even saying we should have stayed in FL until now. (Grandkids would have vetoed that plan, though.)

Hoping for weather that will allow us start enjoying summer soon. On the positive side, we are not using up all that $$$ for boat gas...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:18 PM   #5
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
We're having our August weather early here in Georgia. We're going on an RV trip tomorrow and I wanted my grass to all be even when it turns brown, so it was too hot to cut during the day 98*. I started about 8:00 PM this evening and cut 'til 10:30 PM. I knew that tractor had headlights for a reason. By 10:30 we were down to the low 80's.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:57 PM   #6
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Glenn,

You could come on down to Driftwood Texas(close to Austin) and I could share my 101 weather with an extra heat index of 2 or 3 degrees. We should be 89 degrees right now. I think all of the climates are out of sorts right now. We have been above 100 degrees for over 10 days and we are in June. I hate to see what summer holds for us. We also haven't had rain in forever.

Dave,

We may be headed to your state to work insurance losses in the next few days. Bob is on standby right now with a company. Depending on all of the storms in the North we might be in another state. The humidity in Florida is more than I can take even in the winter. My brother lives in Fort Myers Beach. When we visit I always feel like I am in a sauna.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:09 AM   #7
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Colleen,

I was just wondering about your hubby and insurance. The county I grew up in, Oakland, and in particular, the township I grew up in, Waterford, got hit pretty good the other night.

If you get up here, give us a email.

The weather has been frightful. Mid 90's, humid, and, this is not Florida.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 03:49 PM   #8
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Hey glenn You left toooooooooooooooooooo early as we are still in bonita springs below ft myers , and it is 73 at nite and till 10;30 in the am then up to 92 during the day but at 7;30 at nite its 73 ,, what more do you want ,, we went boating yesterday as it was great .. but we leave here on friday for asheville,nc for a week as we will run into tom41 at creek wood farms ,, then up to the mack bridge and into wis for a 2 month stay ,, see you in goshen ,,, sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:56 PM   #9
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Carol,

He got a call to go to Farminton Hills, MI. He called about a hour late so the spot was filled. He is on standby right now with the phone on his hip. Won't hurt my feelings if we can get out of some of this heat and make some money.

Sailer, you are almost in my brothers back yard. He lives in Fort Myers Beach right near Gulf Shores RV Park.

Enjoy Asheville it is so beautiful there.

Glenn, we were just a toasty 97 today, want to come visit?

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:07 PM   #10
tbhd2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5709
Hey Glenn, come on to Michigan, it's been in the 90's and very humid. We're sitting here in the dark for three days with no electrical power. Storms took out many trees and knocked power lines down. Massive outages here and no promise as to when they will repair them. Gonna abandon the house and move into the Montana. Also heard that Oakland county got hit worse than we did.
tbhd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:21 AM   #11
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by tbhd2

Hey Glenn, come on to Michigan, it's been in the 90's and very humid. We're sitting here in the dark for three days with no electrical power. Storms took out many trees and knocked power lines down. Massive outages here and no promise as to when they will repair them. Gonna abandon the house and move into the Montana. Also heard that Oakland county got hit worse than we did.
We just might do that. Come on to Michigan that is. We will be leaving PA on the 28th and heading for NY state. After about 3 weeks in NY we will be heading west thru Ohio and in all probality up into Michigan. Not sure but we would like to get up to the Mack Bridge and maybe even the Soo. Will know better when we get to Michigan.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Driftwoodgal

Carol,

Glenn, we were just a toasty 97 today, want to come visit?

Colleen
Sorry Colleen but not on a bet.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sailer

,, then up to the mack bridge and into wis for a 2 month stay ,, see you in goshen ,,, sailer
Sailer, maybe sooner than Goshen

BTW-The temp this AM is in the mid 60s and an expected hi in the low to mid 80s. My kinda weather!!!
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:32 AM   #12
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Nice in Michigan today.

Still 100,000 plus in Oakland County without power.

Colleen, repeat, if you do get here, give us a email yell.

Sharon & Dennis, did not realize you guys were out of power too. Sorry to hear that. We had a few bumps, Al said, hmmmm, might have to power up the generator, but, so far, we are fine. I say that, cause a friend of mine in Oakland County had no damage, power was fine for 2 days, and late last night hers went out. Happens when the grid is so messed up.

Our prayers shift back to Iowa, Cedar Rapids, Waterloo, threatened by floods. Our friend Hazmic is from Cedar Rapids.

Glenn, you be sure to give us a email yell when you get over here in our neck of the woods too!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:25 AM   #13
deerrahn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4828
Hi Glenn and Lorraine, good to hear all is going well. ,
You know you could have kept all the heat in Pa. It has drifted over her to Ma. and it has been in the 90's the past four days. Today it is only 86. First time I have been able to get on here. Glad to hear all is well. See you in Sept. in Goshen
deerrahn is offline   Reply With Quote