Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2006, 03:35 AM   #41
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We understand the dealers in your area not wanting to deal with you. Colorado is expensive on everything and getting more like California every day. We went to Texas to get our Montana. We saved some money doing that and also we bought a left over new 2004, which was cheaper. We have the 3295 but our next one will defintely be a 3400. We have the fireplace and love it. Also we are putting in a second air conditioner as soon as someone helps Don get it on the roof.
We may take it to camping world or to RV dealer around here to get it installed.
We have not had any problems with our unit. Minor things. Screen door needed adjusting and one of the drawers needed fixing. All done under warranty.
Good luck with the new Montana.

Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 03:52 AM   #42
Montana_5701
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5701
As far as homework, I have gotten a lot of information from the members and it is very much appreciated. Right now my biggest obstacle is getting out from under the Fleetwood..

On another note.. I have a 2004 Chevy 2500 HD w/ Duramax and short bed but also have a tool box in back. The tool box stands about 4" above the bed. The Fleetwood will clear the toolbox by aprox. 3" in a turn. How about the 3400 ?? Will I need a lower profile tool box ?? The Fleetwood has an extended pin on it but even then will not make a complete 90° turn with camper attached. I think it will be quite annoying to go to pick up the 3400 only to find out I have to get rid of the tool box.
Montana_5701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:55 PM   #43
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I am looking for a below the rail tool box right now. I would rather not have to worry about the coach and box hitting one another. I can say that I can currently do a full 90 degree turn forward and a full jackknife backward with my Superglide. The hitch does amazing things and it should only get better with the new front caps on the Montana's.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote