Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Rio Grande Winter Texans
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2006, 08:26 AM   #1
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
MONTANA OWNER IN MC ALLEN NEEDS HELP

I just read a post on trailer life forum, Ladies name is Gloria - She posted need help getting 5th wheel home... Post said her and her husband are in Mc Allen, He has been diagnosed with Cancer and it's in his brain. He can't tow and there stuck in Mc Allen. The post also said they need to go to West Virgina... I think their from Richmond. Va... I was thinking if someone Carol and Al or one of the group, I met is still in the area they might get with her and see what can be done to help...I am sitting here in Topeka, Kansas. Maybe if she can't get something arranged down there. A RELAY of sorts could be set up... like the PONY EXPRESS, If we could get enough drivers to tow their rig (2003 3670 MONANTA} 200 - 250 miles and drop it for the next driver... That way the drivers could make it back to their home the same day... Do any of you think we can help??????????

John Hogan (aka Hemlockusa)

Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 09:26 AM   #2
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Carol has been thoughtful enough to contact some of us by email. I have offered to help with the trip back. I could certainly fit into the plan suggested by Hemlockusa. I'm sure others stand ready to help.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 09:39 AM   #3
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
I by chance the route would take their 5th wheel through Kansas,,,, Christa and I would go our 200 to 250 east.

John H
Old 03-19-2006, 10:07 AM   #4
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Ok, this is the deal, Gloria D, one of our MOC members, is here in Bentsen Palms Village, Her husband is indeed gravely ill. His prognosis is grave, 2 to 6 months. Her son is here now in Mission, one of her daughters is on the way.

He is unstable at this time and the doctors will not think of letting him out of the hospital. They are doing some more tests, some radiation (possibly, for 10 to 14 days), and then maybe he can travel.

He wants to go home (near Richmond Virginia, 1850 miles give or take) in the RV with the dog. He is losing use of his left side, the left arm is not functioning normal at this time, even tho they are giving him steriods.

Gloria has never towed, her son has towed TT's, I believe, but he expressed concern about towing and swaying, which I tried to set his mind at ease about. She does not know how to hook up, or anything, sadly, they had just both retired and this was their first long trip.

I went down to leave a message that we were all concerned about her and that she should let us know if there is anything we can do to help her. I also gave her a copy of email from Dave about his offer of help.

She is, of course, in quite a state, confused, worried and unsure of what is next. She is taking it a day at a time.

I had not posted this to the general forum, as I was not sure how she might feel about it, but now that it is common knowledge and seeing that she has posted for assistance, well, there are the facts as I know them as of just an hour or so ago.

I asked the members in the area, and those I contacted by email for prayers for Gloria and her family, and I know that we are all doing so!

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:40 AM   #5
foggyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1351
We are in Northern Georgia and would help haul the trailer from whereever anyone can get it close to us to wherever someone could take over or to their home. Let us know Dan And Sandy
foggyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 01:02 PM   #6
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Thanks for checking in Foggyg, Carol and Al - "Countryguy" Is in direct contact with The Lady who needs the help. I think Carol and Al will keep us posted if they are going to get a RELAY like the pony express going...Stay in touch some how, MONTANA owners will step to the up to the plate on THIS ONE!!!!!!!
It would only take 10 drivers at 200 mile each to get the lady's 5er home..

John H.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:37 AM   #7
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
I am sorry for the situation in which this family finds itself. My heart goes out to them. I will be praying for the family and praying for all of you here that have blessed this family with your offerings to help out that you all are safe in your travels. You are all such wonderful caring people. God Bless.
Montana_2913 is offline   Reply With Quote