Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2003, 06:31 AM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Secret Lake, Florida and Dirt Bikes and ATVs

I haven't been doing this RVing thing very long but I do believe I know what I desire in a campground and dirt bikes and ATVs are not on my list. For the past 3 days we have had to contend with 4 dirt bikes and 2 atv's racing through and around this campground.
Tell the Front Desk you say?? We did and the response was..."these kids are family of the campground owner and he will not listen to any complaints. In fact we (the cg staff) were instructed not to discuss the situation with the guests nor file any complaints with the owner."
The staff and rangers admit having had many, many complaints but their hands are tied by the owner. The RVers in the site next to ours have been spending the winter at Secret Lake for 5 years and have noticed the camp going down hill a little more each year. Well this current situation was the last straw. As soon as they can find another cg for the winter they will be pulling out.
Tomorrow is our last day and I really do mean that "OUR LAST DAY" we will not return.
It is a damn shame too as it is a nice park and located just minutes from Disney World.

One other note for Passport America members, Secret Lake only discounts their rate 25%

Glenn and Lorraine
10/18/03-FullTimers at last

2003 Chevy Silverado LS 2500HD Duramax/Allison Extended Cab 4x4
2004 Montana 2955RL 32' 5th Wheel' Pullrite Superglide hitch

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote