Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2006, 06:20 PM   #1
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Yoga or Yogurt as Ozz calls it.

I am sure I am not the only MOCer who practises this wonderful exercise
regime. Yoga is not a religion. People of any faith can practise it.
It is not about twisting your body in all kinds of weird positions although some advanced Yogis do this.

It is about learning to breathe properly and stretch your body in a way that makes you feel good. You never ever cause yourself pain when you do Yoga correctly. We were all made to move and when you stop moving you lose your flexibilty.

I have practised Yoga for 20 years, I am 55, pain free 99.9 % of the time and take no medication of any kind. I do really enjoy wine and beer even though the real stict Yoga followers do not use booze and do not approve of people that do.

Anyway the breathing alone can help drop your blood pressure and I see this on myself on a regular basis. I do check my blood pressure because I do stand on my head and one should only do this if your blood pressure is normal. You do not have to stand on your head to benefit from Yoga. There are many easy, comfortable poses and breathing exercises that are easy to do and give excellent benefits.
The net has many great Yoga sites and you can find them by searching .

If you want to relax, do away with stiffness and pain, enjoy life and feel younger, give this wonderful practise a try.

Don & Donna
Vancouver Island
2005 Ford F350 V10 Lariat CC 4x4 LB SRW 11200 GVWR
2006 Montana 2955RL
click on the little pic to see a big pic

Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:11 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
That, along with Golf, I may take up in retirement. It has made you a pretty mellow fellow!
Ozz

'07 3400RL 2nd RTU
2 Golf Cart batteries 3,000 watt inverter, automatic transfer switch
Honda 2000 Generator, Maytag's with 220 Dryer
Stationary domed Sat. dish, LCD 12 Volt Amp gauge, LCD Tank Monitor
3 added 120 volt outlets, On Board Air; 12 Volt Viair 450C compressor
2006 Ford PSD 4x4 Off Road Lariat, Hadley Air Horns, Truck inverter with 110 volts: laptop, Color Backup camera, Firestone air bags,Husky air ride roller hitch, Awning lock
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:43 AM   #3
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Ozz, Golf and Yoga would be two great things to take up on retirement and both would contribute to a long healthy retirement. You have a great attitude about life and it comes through in your posts. Speaking about Golf, I am not a golfer but I have read in Yoga books , one of the reasons that Golf is so popular, it is a game that takes so much concentration, all of everyday's problems are gone and the only thing the mind has left to focus on is golf. This is why people get hooked on hobbies that help the mind to focus only on one thing. These hobbies will make us happy because the mind just gets too much information and needs to quiet down and when the mind has only one task on hand, it becomes quiet and peaceful.

It is bizarre to realize one of the keys to happiness is to empty the mind........but it works.

Don & Donna
Vancouver Island
2005 Ford F350 V10 Lariat CC 4x4 LB SRW 11200 GVWR
2006 Montana 2955RL
click on the little pic to see a big pic
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:15 AM   #4
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Retiring and going fulltime in our Montana did all that for us.

Helen

To follow our journey please click: Bill and Helen's Journey
2005 Montana 3475 pulled by our 2005 Ford 350 Power Stroke Diesel
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 03:52 PM   #5
mfoss
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2923
I took a beginner's class in Yoga and I'd have to agree! It's very calming and really helps to keep a person flexible. Some of the positions I do from memory but for some I have to get out the sheets we were given. We never did stand on our heads and my salute to the sun is pathetic!
mfoss is offline   Reply With Quote