Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2011, 10:00 AM   #21
rexo
Established Member

M.O.C. #5420

Thanks to all who replied to our Apollo problem. We were not as lucky and we got a new one out of RV USA and we are waiting for the shipment to arrive. We are fulltimers and we use the Apollo at least daily and we are lost and getting hungry without it.

Rex and Judy

rexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:32 AM   #22
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Our Apollo is getting ready to die. Runs for 3-4 minutes, then stops. Wait a couple minutes and it can be restarted for another several minutes. An internal overload protection I guess.
Will call Midwest Sales to see about availability.
What did you all do with your old ones? Is Midwest Sales interested in the old ones to refurbish? Or just recycle it somewhere?
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:09 AM   #23
01RAMer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7316
I awoke on night smelling something hot. Went to check and found the browning coils inside were red hot, but the blower wasn't running. Open door and it shut off, close and it again lit up. No matter what I did it wouldn't reset. Went to Sears/Parts and got a new control board and replaced it. It now works like brand new.
01RAMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:21 AM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BB_TX

Our Apollo is getting ready to die. Runs for 3-4 minutes, then stops. Wait a couple minutes and it can be restarted for another several minutes. An internal overload protection I guess.
Will call Midwest Sales to see about availability.
What did you all do with your old ones? Is Midwest Sales interested in the old ones to refurbish? Or just recycle it somewhere?

can you hear a fan running. There is a fan that blows directly on the Klystron.My blades came off the shaft and it overheated and shut down.. Talked to the tech at Mid west and he said to super glue it back on. That was two years ago ..no problems since

Of couse you need to tear it apart to see if the fan blades are secure..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:03 AM   #25
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Rich - the fan runs when the microwave runs. But after a few minutes of trying to bake some potatoes, the whole thing shuts down. Even the digital display turns off. Then after a couple minutes I hear a click and the display comes back on and I can start the microwave again (for a few more minutes). So it does sound like an internal overload. Probably something like our famous (or infamous) auto reset circuit breakers for our slides.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:39 AM   #26
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
Ours was only making a humming noise when turned on. Called my extended warranty Co an it is coved Took to the shop ad the kept it two days and called, said nothing wrong with it, worked fine boiled water worked good. paid $55. had $50 Det. took home put back and tried it. nothing worked..... called teh repairmad he said somtimes the outer ring cover holds the door open. found that if I hit the top of the door it works good. I'm goint to take it out and see about adjusting the door switch as I read in another post.

Bob
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:17 AM   #27
Dennis and Carol
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #53
Has anyone had to replace the turntable motor. The plastic part which connects the motor to the turntable melted. Was able to remove it, but the motor shaft seems short. Will call Midwest to see about parts and or a reconditioned unit. We also use ours daily.
Dennis and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:35 AM   #28
fauch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11342
Anyone still having problems with the Apollo oven? I am. I just called Midwest sales and here is what I learned.
1) the counter top version is exactly the same as the buIlt-in minus the fan kit, base and trim surround.
2) the countertop new is 159.00 vs 359.00 for the built-in
3) the fan can be fitted and wired into the countertop model
4)he is sending me a countertop oven (159) and he control board (95.00) for the old oven.
5) he suggested that if your RV is not on EMS OR SURGE PROTECTED you should at least install surge protection receptacle at oven. Electronic boards in oven are very sensitive to power swings, they are high amp users in bake mode.
6) the ovens, when used in homes, almost never break down
fauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:33 PM   #29
clarkandsheila
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7994
We, last year, replaced out Appolo with a Sharp.

I tried to get another Appolo, dinged or new but no dice. No Contours either. What gives? The new stock wasn;t going to be available for some weeks.

So I ordered the Sharp from Midwest. Had it in about three days.

There was some work to be done as it wasn't a drop in.

I had to raise it in the cavity on 2 pieces of 2x6 and monkey some plywood bits to contain the front and back feet so it couldn't walk around. I used a holesaw to cut a divet in the plywood to hold the front feet and screwed those onto the 2x6.

Then arranged another 2x6 on top as a holddown to ensure the unit couldn't jump up and move.

Modified the Appolo trim ring slightly with a bit of a cut on the lower flange surrounding the oven.
It looks original and if you didn't know there was supposed to be an Appolo you would never guess it ws a replacement.
The trim ring still fits the original screw holes.

The Sharp does not have an exhaust fan so I had to provide one. The cavity gets HOT without an exhaust fan. Some black 3" ABS installed through the cupboard above to the airspace over top of the cabinets and a 3" muffin fan from Radio Shack, a switch brought out to the front and voila, the cavity is cooled. I did use a lighted rocker switch, again from R.Shack. I did need to change the receptacle to a uplex type for the fan. I have since purchased a temp sensitive switch for control in place of the rocker switch.

I still have some clean up details to do this summer but the whole thing works well. None of it was difficult, just time consuming. I had a battery drill, a saber saw, hole saw kit and of course screws, tape, pencil although I did have to but a 3-5/8 hole saw[guess what I found when I got home and didn't think I needed}

The Appolo I will try to repair at home. It's one of the door switches. They are crap and one fell apart in my hands when I was investigating. Couldn't get replacement easily on the road so now the Appolo will do service at home. Other wise the Appolo is a good oven and except for the lousy door switches has given good service. Too bad a too cheap switch ruins the oven for most people.
clarkandsheila is offline   Reply With Quote