Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2009, 11:02 PM   #1
glenbarb
Established Member

M.O.C. #1686
Camping site close to Lake Mary, FL

We are planning to travel to Lake Mary, Fl this coming Jan and wanted to know if anyone could tell us of a place to stay as we would like to stay a month maybe more.

glenbarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:54 AM   #2
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Glen and Barb,

Lake Mary is right off I-4 north of Orlando as you're probably aware. Most of the RV areas are south of Orlando, Davenport, Haines City, Kissimmee area where Disney is located. Have you a specific preference for Lake Mary? There are less opportunities as it is very close to Orlando, however, there are some county parks with camping( Orange County and Seminole County which is where Lake Mary is located). Additionally there is at least one state park - Wekiva Springs($20. per night I believe) that has camping located in Apopka near Lake Mary. Most of the FL county and state parks have water/electric with dump stations and limited days of around 14 days. State parks allow up to 11 months advance reservations, and with a 14 day limit, you may be able to make 2 reservations at a same state park to extend. I am not totally sure about that aspect but you could call to verify. You could search Sanford, Deland, DeBary, Geneva, Longwood, and Orange City areas as well that are close to or near Lake Mary. Hope this will help. If never done previously, just know that many Florida parks are at their peak in January each year. Start early. You can PM me if you'd like with other details that may help you now in your search.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:29 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Never stayed in any of the following so I can't say anything about any of them.

Wekiwa Springs State Park

Wekiva Falls RV Resort

Town & Country R.V. Resort

Twelve Oaks R.V. Resort

Lake Monroe Park
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:23 PM   #4
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Wekiwa Springs State Park is a nice park but it is not full hook-up (no sewer). It can be a bit tigh going for larger rigs in some areas of the park (more from a getting it in the spot that the spot itself as they have some very large ones). We have not stayed there in the rig, but have made numerous day trips there. It is one of the prettiest parks in the Orlando area...the spring is great, there are numerous trails/boardwalks in the water area, kayaking and canoing are great as well. When you get off of I-4 to get there you think you are going the wrong way as it is very built up intially and then it is very residential, but the park REALLY is there! It is also south of Sanford/Lake Mary.

Wekiva Falls RV Resort has (as their website states) been under new management for just a relatively short time. We have not been there to check it out since they have taken over, but if the changes they advertise are as nice as they sound THIS is the place to go! It is very convenient to Sanford/Lake Mary and all the conveniences it has to offer but you really are in a very lovely setting and it is in the country. Next time we go to Umatilla (likely the week after next we will see if they'll let us in for a "look see" without paying admission. As a kid we came to the springs all the time to swim and picnic (we lived in Sanford when there was a naval air station there). The RV sites are as advertised...QUITE large

Town and Country R.V. and Twelve Oaks R.V. are on the other side of 46 from Wekiva Falls RV Resort and are right on the road and then go back. We have not been either of them, but they are older parks with a lot of full timers (as in their RVs have taken root) in there and a number of park models as well. Will make a point to check them out as well.

Lake Monroe Park is a county park I believe. Not full hook-ups. Deland is a nice area and is on the north side of Lake Monroe (opposite side from Sanford/Lake Mary).

Hopefully, others have more information/experiences to share with you. Though I think Glenn hit the best potential locations nearest to where you want to stay.

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:53 AM   #5
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
To add to the nice profile Robin has given you, the Wekiva Falls RV Resort via Mapquest indicates an easy travel for you from/to Lake Mary with about a 20 mile trip each way. The rates indicate reasonableness for the time of year at $399 a month for a 40x30 foot lot to $499 a month for a 90x50 foot lot with a $100 electric deposit. If you want cable TV it's $39.00 a month. Wifi internet is available at a fee. You will have free access to the Orlando area TV networks via roof antenna.

I suggest you look at the website that Glenn provided to you on this park, and call and get the personal touch from the manager at 352-383-8055 - Gary, one of the owners. The website shows pics of the small and large sites mentioned above. The large sites are in the Northside and the smaller sites in the Southside. Often new management can mean better outcome. Reading their website Barb, there are alot of improvements made with more to come. It is a large park but it surely can accommodate your rig. I found the part-owner Gary to be very open and helpful. The new clubhouse is underway and will be finished before you arrive with a heated pool.

If Robin visits the Wekiva Falls, I'm sure they'll let her in and roam around. The new owners have been there about 1 1/2 years according to Gary.

Of course the Seminole Town Mall is right at Highway 46 and I-4 on the way to/from the park. I did receive your email Barb and hope this helps. Good luck.
Dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote