Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2007, 01:52 PM   #1
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
5th Air Borne/sidewinder installed today

I`ve been waiting for this for a while.the install was done at the Bridgeport,NJ camping world.It came in 3 boxs.they were nice enough to let me see the install.When put together this thing is heavy.Took 3 guys to get it in postion to put the bolts threw.The one tech added some air to the air bag and pulled the Montana out of the bay and jacknifed the Montana and the truck.My heart was in my throat.But it didn`t even come close to hitting the cab.

I couldn`t believe the difference in the ride-very smooth.New Jersey roads are alful and this took them very nicely.Their was NO sway and it tracked closer to the truck then before.I didn`t have to make such wide turns.I also noticed while backing up that the responce time was quicker.

The one thing I can`t use is the lube plate that goes over the king pin.The way this is set-up you can`t put one on.But once you lock the king pin in place the pivot point is 20 inches beyond where the jaws wrap around the king pin.I`ll tell ya its quite the engineering feat.And once you unhook you can swing the whole thing under your front cap.

I am one happy camper-a little less money in my pocket but what else is new(lol)

harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:57 PM   #2
BrokenElbow
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6835
I'm glad you like it. I'm looking at the same setup or a Superglide when I upgrade to a Monty 5er later this year.
BrokenElbow is offline   Reply With Quote