Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2006, 04:01 AM   #1
MuddyPaws
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2277
Extreme Series Smart Sensor 5.7 Water Pump

Has anybody installed one of these in their Monty?

I put one in our last RV and it certainly improved how the shower worked, it was quiet too! But I kinda-sorta remember reading somewhere that the plumbing in our Montanas can't handle 65 psi.

How about the 50 psi an Extreme Series Smart Sensor 4.0 delivers?

Thanks,
muddypaws

MuddyPaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:00 AM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I installed the 5.7 and love it. It will cause you to use a little more water but what the heck, it's only water! The plumbing in our units was tested at 120-140 psi, so you need not worry about 65 psi. I have my outside regulator set at 90 psi and have had no trouble in the six + years we've had the rig.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:34 AM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
I installed it in our rig and it works great. Had it in for just over a year now and no problems. Sure like the extra little bit of water and it is much quieter!

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:39 AM   #4
Jerzy54
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4379
I installed my back in spring and I am pretty disappointed. It takes a lot of time and water to get rid off all air
in the lines. When adding water to the toilet it sounds like it will explodes. Water is pulsating in all faucets when
in use. It is still noisy and do not have pressure as advertised. My installation includes silencing kit and in-line strainer.
Jerzy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:17 AM   #5
MuddyPaws
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2277
Jerzy,

That ain't normal. I installed on in our last rig and it was fine once it was fully primed. When only partially primed it will make as much racket as the old pump.

I'd suspect that you have a leak on the vacuume side, between the tank & the pump.
MuddyPaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:10 AM   #6
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jerzy54

I installed my back in spring and I am pretty disappointed. It takes a lot of time and water to get rid off all air
in the lines. When adding water to the toilet it sounds like it will explodes. Water is pulsating in all faucets when
in use. It is still noisy and do not have pressure as advertised. My installation includes silencing kit and in-line strainer.
Call 1-800-762-8094 and tell them your problem. They will take care of because the pump has a 3-year warranty. Mine didn't work just the way I expected it and they had me send it to Elkhart, IN where they checked it out and sent me a new one.

Believe me, the pump really works well. It isn't supposed to pulsate. You're supposed to get a steady stream of water depending upon how far the faucets are open. Mine had a bad pressure sensing switch. It will not explode in the toilet. My pump is quiet and I don't have the silencing kit.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote