Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
tonycamacho
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9300
Send a message via AIM to tonycamacho
Dryer lint filter partition cutout

I am trying to finish up all my upgrades so I can head back North of the border and east to Florida this summer. I did installed my wet bolt system to my Morryde suspension and I want thank all for their
information on this web page about wet bolts. The helpful hints made the job very easy for me to do it by myself. This week I will finish welding up my bike rack receiver which will bolt to the frame similar to a hitch receiver.

I have also installed the Splendide washer/dryer combo that my wife bought from friends who did not want it in their motorhome. It was never used and they just wanted the space so we got a great deal on it. My question relates to this washer dryer. It is a vented unit and I vented to the outside as detailed by Montana. The vent and lint filter to the dryer is located on the left rear off the washer as you look at it from the front; the filter is even with the top. Because of the position of the filter I had to cut an access through the partition of the closet in order to reach in behind the washer to remove the lint filter for cleaning. Is this what is normally done when installing the Splendide washer/dryer in the Montanas to access the vent filter?

Thanks,
Tony

tonycamacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:29 AM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Our w/d combo does not have a lint filter. Did you get an instruction manual? Does it say you have to empty the lint filter?
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:48 AM   #3
tonycamacho
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9300
Send a message via AIM to tonycamacho
The instruction manual says that you have to clean filter. I suspect that splendide makes varies models for motorhome or travel trailer applications. The filter slides into a pocket at the vent hose connection. Where this washer was mounted in the motorhome it had access to the top so lint flter access was not a problem. Also because of the struggle I had do to fit the washer in the space I believe this washer is a larger capacity model, but it's plummed, vented and in there now. The access hole I made is not a problem, since I trimmed it off and it looks like it actually belong there. I was just curious if the other wasers had this lint filter there and making the hole was part of the install. Thanks for the response.

Tony
tonycamacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:58 AM   #4
eastridges
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9276
Never thought about the lint filter on my Splendide and did a little research. The 2100xc which I have does not require lint filter cleaning. http://www.khulsey.com/rv_info/rv_sp...her_dryer.html Thanks for bringing up the question though, I am glad to have checked my own situation out to make sure I am doing what is required to maintain my rig. Happy camping.
eastridges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:54 AM   #5
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
I think there is an option of a lint filter but our instructions say to make sure the lint doesn't build up in the vent hose.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:22 AM   #6
ileyld
Established Member

M.O.C. #9071
We found out the hard way the vent hose does need cleaning. I had vaccumed from the outside vent one time. Not near enough. Just replaced the entire vent hose. Almost completely blocked with lint.
Dryer has plenty of heat but still very little air flow. Does anyone know what the next blockage point will be. Do I have to disasemble
the whole dryer?
Fultiming for three years. Still like the convience of the Splendide.
ileyld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:14 AM   #7
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
Just installed a new Splendide and no filter cleaning requirement but says to keep tabs on the duct for lint buildup.
Mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:23 AM   #8
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Our Splendide does not have a lint filter on it. We have to keep the discharge exhaust line free of lint by checking it periodically. The exhaust line will catch lint inside the washer/dryer just prior to exiting the unit due to the extreme turns designed into the unit. This will cause the dryer to quit heating properly when it does build up.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:34 AM   #9
jrhaman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6999
If you take the top or back off you will see a "S" shaped black rubber tube that connects to the exhaust hose. Lint builds up inside and blocks the air flow sometimes to the point the unit will not dry at all and goes into a fault mode. It is a real "pita" to remove the tube and clean out the lint but it has to be done. I have had to do mine twice.
The first time the unit was 18 months old and the lint was a mouse size ball. Second time was about 10 months later. I guess it depends on how much you use it and what kind of garments get washed.
jrhaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:59 AM   #10
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by pineranch

Just installed a new Splendide and no filter cleaning requirement but says to keep tabs on the duct for lint buildup.
Mike
X2 for us on this.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote