Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2011, 06:33 AM   #1
RCMP03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7063
RV Insurance (parked 24/7)

Hello,

We will be living in our Monty full time in WA around 8/1/11. Harv will be working full time and we will remain in the same RV park for 1-2 years.

I just got off the phone with Good Sam and they will not insure RV's that are parked 24/7!!!! I was quite surprised by that, one would think the risk is less not traveling around!

I'm checking into our homeowners insurance with State Farm next. Does anyone know of an insurance company that will insure under our scenario that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? )

Thank you in advance!
Sue

RCMP03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:20 AM   #2
Bill DeMeulle
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2740
You will need to contact an insurance agent in washington for that information he should be able to give you quotes for different carriers. State Farm agents can only sell sell State farm policies, contact an independent broker that will be local to you for the best service.

Bill
Bill DeMeulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:01 PM   #3
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Sue,
Bill has given you excellent advise. Companies I represent would insure your rig but I am only licensed in California. An independent agent should be able to help.

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:47 PM   #4
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RCMP03

Hello,

We will be living in our Monty full time in WA around 8/1/11. Harv will be working full time and we will remain in the same RV park for 1-2 years.

I just got off the phone with Good Sam and they will not insure RV's that are parked 24/7!!!! I was quite surprised by that, one would think the risk is less not traveling around!

I'm checking into our homeowners insurance with State Farm next. Does anyone know of an insurance company that will insure under our scenario that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? )

Thank you in advance!
Sue
If I were you, I'd go to www.poliseek.com and check them out. They are serious agents for serious RVers. We have our equipment insured through them. We used to be with National Interstate and they got us a cheaper policy with Progressive. Our representative there is
Miguel Guerrero
Sales Representative
PoliSeek RV Insurance (formerly know as Aon Recreation Insurance)
866 520-7335, Ext 5392
Fax 866 444-7324
License # OB33296

Just tell Miguel that a satisfied customer, Orville Schinke, recommended him. He's no high pressure and he is a straight shooter. He'll help guide you to what you want.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:04 AM   #5
RCMP03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7063
Thank you very much for the information. Orv, I will check Poliseek out and see what they come up with. I sent an email to ExplorerRV yesterday, hopefully they will respond and provide options too.

I think it's important that our "rv home" is protected in the same fashion as our stick house! After all, what would we do if something terrible happened such as fire! I shutter to think....

Again, thank you for taking the time to offer suggestions. People on this forum are so very helpful...

Take Care,
Sue
Old 03-20-2011, 07:55 AM   #6
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Sue,
You bring up an interesting point. For the most part an RV cannot be insured like a stick house. The stick house most normally is insured for replacement cost, like kind and quality regardless of age. Although some RV policies can include replacement cost, for the most part it expires when the unit is 5 model years or older unlike your stick house.

You can still purchase stated amount or agreed value but the contracts terms and conditions vary greatly so be sure to read the settlement options when you purchase or shop for your coverage. This is why Bill, Orv & I recommend using someone that understands the RV policies and can show you the difference before you buy and before you have a claim.

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:09 AM   #7
RCMP03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7063
Ken,

I see your point, I'll be sure to get all the facts. We will stick with the agents that deal with RV's. We are new to this, we'll figure it out!!!

Thanks again!
Sue