Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2009, 06:42 AM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Don. I understand that system and it is used in some highly developed organizations. Volvo used it the 70's and it is common in the Japanese organizational culture. It never really caught on in the USA because of labor/management issues. We never head of that in our plant tours over the last 5/6 years. The system works very well but requires excellent labor management co-operation and a stable workforce. I was unaware that any RV manufacturer tried it but not surprised that it failed.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 05:47 AM   #22
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
I'm gonna leave it to y'all to worry about who has to make minimum wage. I hope I'm past that point in my life. I just happened to know about the waiters (tipped employees) because DW is in management for a hotel and they just posted the new regulations.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 04:15 PM   #23
et2
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8920
IMHO this is exactly the reason slideouts aren't aligned properly,water lines leak because they aren't tightened properly,drain pipes leak from not being tightened,remote power sources don't work correctly,front door latches not installed correctly,propane system leaks,microwaves that don't work,dvd systems not hooked up correctly,seals installed incorrectly,and I'll just stop there.

It's the reason some of our new fivers spend more time at the dealer the first year than camping. If this is the practice they use to build "quality" product then it is the very reason it will never get any better. And I'm not just pointing a finger at Keystone.

Haste makes waste!!
et2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:29 AM   #24
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
i have a new 2010 3150....i think it is a beautiful rig but the quality is less than i would have expected. things are coming apart and it is only 4 months old.
the fabric on the sofa and chairs is an inferior quality. and the chairs...flexsteel, are not rocking smoothly...something caughts on the rocking. montana is going to replace the bases of each but i think the problem is in the whole chair...we'll see.
i guess it is like one person said to me at least "montana look nice inside"
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:08 PM   #25
Leaseit
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5356
Don, your right about Group work in the plant and Yes, some companys use the absent fill in concept in Group work depending on the complexity of the product. It is the alternate concept to direct assembly line work with small work station function. I recognize the process during factory tours and having been involved in it in business. Referance: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwards_Deming
IMO.. I don't care about minimum wage, piece part, assembly, or group assembly, but product quality Vs cost and function. As 90 percent of the RV industry goes, they produce what the customer likes and will accept including quality.
So the long story is, hope some other country dosen't figure out how to start shipping RV's to the U.S.. i really don't want to be RVing in something from China. IMO. I like my Montana, it serves me well, i have had a few problems, but all in all bottom line, its the best darn unit i found for my wants and needs.
Randy
Leaseit is offline   Reply With Quote