Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2009, 06:05 AM   #1
boje
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8761
2010 3750 FL

The brochure can be downloaded from Keystone's website FYI. Looks like the 3400RL may be getting traded.

boje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:25 AM   #2
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818

We saw it first-hand at the Fall Rally. I didn't care for it overall, though it had some nice features.

The big glaring downside is, that if someone is using the bathroom or shower, you can't get to the bedroom without saying "Howdy!" to them. It might work for a close couple that never has guests, but not real practical for entertaining if you ask me. If there was a door between the washer/dryer cabinet and the sink, you would at least be able to get to the bedroom from the second entry door without disturbing whoever is in the bathroom, but you would have to go outside to accomplish it. I don't know, it's just not my cup of tea, I guess.

Also, the two living room slides are cable driven, at least the ones on the prototype were.

I doubt if they will give the axe to the 3400, it is their best seller from what I have seen, though I have no empirical data or particular info to support that claim. I just see a whole lot of 3400's out there.

The 3750FL will take a person with very different tastes than mine to become any kind of a big seller for Keystone. Personally, I don't think that it will be a very popular model, but hey, that's just one mans opinion. ....and you know what they say about opinions!

KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:08 AM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
This floorplan was available prior to 2005 and was our 2nd choice prior to us settling on our 3500RL. But it seems different now. I see there is a new wraparound sofa and I hope the roof is slightly higher as it was only 74 or 75 inches back then. I agree with KTmaniac, they should have enclosed the toilet and the W/D did not need walls if weight was a concern. The big window in the master bedroom can really make for some good neighborly exposure and maybe that's why the toilet is so 'exposed',too. But where's the BR television. I wish the Fridge slid out with the dining table - probably more savings in weight.

This definitely looks like a 'fun' floorplan. I think they left some doors off the drawing. I'll bet it's better equipped than shown.

I don't know where it came from but I can't imagine the 3400 floorplan going away. That would be plain dumb to get rid of that floorplan with its popularity.

On edit - I found the links to the pictures of the floorplan. I am happy to see a flat screen in the Bedroom, but having that toilet out in the open like that is a discomfort. I'm a pretty shy guy when I visit the 'library'.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #4
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
We saw it on the factory tour. It gave us a closed in feelin in the living area.
The bedroom window is way to big for privacy. We will be keeping our 3400.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I'm sure everyone has their own ideas of the "Perfect" floorplan. I really like my high ceiling in our living room. Seems like you could get that "closed in" feeling in the 3750 living room. I don't like the dining unit just hanging out there. And I wonder if they provide a restroom sign for the outside of the rear door. Maybe that's the mudroom entrance. Also seems like wasted space in the LR with the two couches. I like the openness of our 3400 and feel it is just right for us. We also really like the large window in our LR. Don't think I would want such a large window in the BR. Oh well, I'm sure some folks will like it and be happy with it. It's nice to see Keystone is trying to fill everyone's desires. I give them two thumbs up for doing so.....

Still have 7 years left on our 10 year plan, hopefully we will not tire of the 3400.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:21 AM   #6
greener
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7882
I really liked the model we saw at the fall rally. It was a prototype and they still had some changes to do. For me the bath on the lower level with a door in the back would be very convenient. The forward living area didn`t seem to be small at all. But that`s my opinion. I like like things that are different from the norm.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:37 AM   #7
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Our very first fifth wheel was a Prowler Regal model with front living room. That was very appealing to me, and when we were ready to replace that "used when we bought" model, we tried to find another front living room. The only ones available at that time were longer and heavier than we desired so we went with another brand and model. When Montana came out with the previous front living room model, we looked at it but were not ready then to trade again. It too was longer and heavier than we desired. I also did not like the opposing couches in the living room. Our "old" Prowler had a wonderful, large front window (with a full cover for travel). I think the main difference in this new FL model and the older one from Montana is the rearrangement of the living room--doing away with those opposing couches. It is still too big for me, but I thought I'd share my experience with a smaller and older front living room model. I still think that's a good plan, but hard to get into the length/weight limits I have set for myself.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:12 PM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We toured the one at the fall rally. The front living area was IMO good. We always liked the front living area.. The rear of the unit gave us a cramped feeling.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:03 AM   #9
boje
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8761
We looked at the 3750 Saturday, and it did have some pros and cons. One glaring omission from Keystone, was they but clear glass on the rear door that enters the bathroom/shower area...oops. I contacted Keystone, and they are aware of this issue, and future 3750 models should have not have this problem. In addition, the front living room slides do run on a cable system. In talking with dealer management who just returned from the Louisville show, look for Keystone to start utilizing this mechanism more to alleviate weight issues.
Unit Comparison
Model 3400RL 3750FL
Type Fifth Wheel Fifth Wheel
Shipping Weight 12380 12290
Carrying Capacity 3260 3385
Hitch 2140 2175
Length 37' 4 39' 1

This unit did have GY Marathons with a date stamp of 4009. Still China made.

Overall, the DW and I were quite pleased with the new floorplan. After some negotiating, that included the dealer install a Splendide Combo, we have decided to trade the 3400RL in on the 3750FL. Can't wait to take it out on the road.

Merry Christmas everyone.
boje is offline   Reply With Quote