Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2004, 10:55 AM   #1
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Help!! I want a turkey also.

I would like to put a Thanksgiving image of a turkey in my box also but can't figure out how to do it. Can someone explain whar to do? I've found the site where Sue and some others have gotten their image but then I get lost. Thanks for any help you can give.

tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 12:10 PM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Could someone privately post the URL for the site for the cute little graphics?? Use my web page to find the yahoo email address. Thanks Carol (if you send a PM from the MOC it will go to Al's email address, not mine.)
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 12:49 PM   #3
Britney 10
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1704
I would like to have the url too,I have been trying to do this all week but can't find out how to do it. Help.
Britney 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 01:00 PM   #4
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
I got it---I got it. Now all I have to do is remember what I did. If you right click on the image showing that will give you the url address. Now I'm going to back and see if I can do it again. I'll let ya know how it goes!!!
Old 11-01-2004, 01:02 PM   #5
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Opps. After you right click on the image click on properties then you get the url address.
Old 11-01-2004, 02:48 PM   #6
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
I'm going to try and explain how I was able to put a image under my name. I don't know if this is the correct way or not but somehow it worked. If anyone knows of a easier or faster way please let us all know.

1. Highlight the image you want.

2. Right click and choose "add to favorites". I then made a new folder to save all the images I choose into.

3. Open the new folder you created and the url for the image you just saved should be there. Click on the url and that should bring it up on your screen. In your address box will be the url that you then copy and paste in the profile section on the MOC forum. You paste the url in the "new avatar" box

I hope this makes sense and I explained it so everyone could understand. I'm still not sure I understand it myself. I tried alot of different ways until I stumbled acrossed this. Good luck to everyone and if you have any questions hopefully I might be able to help.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:52 PM   #7
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
tbhd, thanks for the post, that was easy to follow.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 04:14 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Tbhd, I never ever thought of using favorites for that but it sure would work.

However, please check the url to make sure it's a commercial url. Most of the animations I use are on my personal website that I pay for. And that has some limitations on number of accesses. Each time someone opens a thread showing that animation, it's a hit against the website. So if you see my name in the url, please don't use it directly. You can "rightclick/save picture as" and save it on your system but to use it in the forum you'd have to put it on a website somewhere.

No problem from me with using a url from a commercial site. Hope I'm not being a wet blanket, just figured some might not realize about those on private webspace.

thanks. Great way to do it, though. I'm going to copy your technique if you don't mind.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 05:14 PM   #9
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Steve & Vicki thanks for the information. You're not being a wet blanket at all. That's how we all learn and I need all the learning someone can offer. I try and make sure everything is free to the best of my knowledge. Hope I don't make a mistake in using something that I shouldn't. If you see something that I shouldn't be using please let me know. I don't have a personal web site and that is something I would like to do someday. Love your snowman at the bottom of your post. Thanks again
Old 11-01-2004, 05:14 PM   #10
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Hey, that works great, all I did was right click on the snowman, went to the properties, highlighted the url, copied it, then went to my profile and pasted it in the new avatar box. I did not save it in the favorites.

Thanks for the post, it was easy to copy the sunset and make the changes again.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 09:10 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
DHenry, it looks like you didn't keep the snowman. That's good since it's on my site. I really wouldn't care unless the site accesses hit the wall and they cut me off. No harm done from what I can see.

The site with the turkey, www.hellasmultimedia.com, I went to to see what other animations they had. I got a ton of popups and they just wouldn't stop. No matter what site I went to. Then this puppy shows up in the tray. I exited it, deleted it from the startup keys in the registry and it just came back again. Turns out it was the cashback adware. And I also got the bargainbuddy adware/spyware from that site. Downloaded Ad-Aware and it found these and removed them but they came right back again. Bought McAfee's AntiSpy and same thing happened. Right after cleaning the system it came back. Finally did a web search and found at Spybot's site some instructions for removing it. So far, so good. But next time I reboot we'll see if it's back. I really really dislike these adware/spyware things. Adaware and McAfee both told me I had something that was logging all my keystrokes, including login id's and passwords. They're gone now. I think. So, beware if you go to that site.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:48 AM   #12
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
That's nice to know, I hate when sites do that. It's just WRONG! Good luck Steve, I hope you got rid of it, if you didn't or can't, go out and buy Spy Sweeper, it was rated in Consumer Reports as one of the best Spy Ware programs. We have it and like it a lot.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

DHenry, it looks like you didn't keep the snowman. That's good since it's on my site. I really wouldn't care unless the site accesses hit the wall and they cut me off. No harm done from what I can see.

The site with the turkey, www.hellasmultimedia.com, I went to to see what other animations they had. I got a ton of popups and they just wouldn't stop. No matter what site I went to. Then this puppy shows up in the tray. I exited it, deleted it from the startup keys in the registry and it just came back again. Turns out it was the cashback adware. And I also got the bargainbuddy adware/spyware from that site. Downloaded Ad-Aware and it found these and removed them but they came right back again. Bought McAfee's AntiSpy and same thing happened. Right after cleaning the system it came back. Finally did a web search and found at Spybot's site some instructions for removing it. So far, so good. But next time I reboot we'll see if it's back. I really really dislike these adware/spyware things. Adaware and McAfee both told me I had something that was logging all my keystrokes, including login id's and passwords. They're gone now. I think. So, beware if you go to that site.
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 09:49 AM   #13
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Anyone know of a free website that will host photos that you can actually link to? I know they are out there and I've used them before but I can't remember which ones. I know Geocities, Angelfire and others won't.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:33 AM   #14
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
I have spybot, adsubtract and the microsoft security pack 2 all on my computer and did not get any of what Steve got. Sorry, if I had know about that I could have warned everyone. BUT when my grandson downloaded a game, I had the same problem as Steve. That's when I got the spybot off the internet for free. A lot was downloaded right on my hard drive and I had to remove it through the "add remove programs". Hope this helps and sorry again that I wasn't aware of all the junk that comes with that site.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:33 AM   #15
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I downloaded ad-aware, then went out and bought McAfee. Both identify and remove it but next bootup it comes back again. So now I'm down to web searching for answers. I seem to be rid of it (again) for the moment but won't know until I reboot if it's back again. Apparently there's a host somewhere that carries just enough for it to redownload each time I reboot and then connect to the internet. Part of it attaches to IE6. I found an IE6 setting to not allow 3rd party browser extensions so maybe that will stop it. It also means I lost the google search bar I've used for months but if that's what it takes, so be it.

It's not your fault, wouldn't expect anyone to have known this would happen, just wanted to forewarn others. I'll whip this yet, so help me.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:45 PM   #16
Britney 10
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1704
Hello everyone, If you have spybot when you go to Immunize it gives you a site to download spywareblaster, I have that and now have over 3000 spyware blocked. What it does is block them from even getting on your computer. I hope this makes sense. OH it is also FREE If you can not find it email me and I will try and help.
Britney 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 02:27 PM   #17
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

I got a ton of popups and they just wouldn't stop. No matter what site I went to.
Steve, I use Stopzilla for the pop up blockers, it works GREAT!! I believe that you can check it out before you purchase, but it's real cheap to purchase too.

Let me know if you check it out and if you like it!
Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 03:46 AM   #18
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Steve, depending on what kind of computer you have you could always go back to a time when you KNEW FOR SURE you didn't have this on your computer and it would erase it. Dell has it and I know Gateway does too but I don't think HP or Compaq do. Good luck.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:59 AM   #19
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Mel, check www.geocities.com . I'm not sure if they still have free space and if you can link to it in free space. Mine is a premium account so I'm not sure about the free part.

My laptop is a Sony with XP Home. I could restore it to an earlier time but that's just for system files. I don't think it would eliminate applications. I could just reload it from the recovery cd's but then I'd have to reinstall and rebuild everything I've added. I'm reluctant to do that if I don't have to. Plus I'm just stubborn enough that I'm going to find a way to beat this thing. I posted a message on MacAfee's forum about this. They produce the antispyware software I bought. Thanks for the suggestion anyhow.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:49 PM   #20
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Steve and Sue and other smart people----help. Now I'm trying to put a picture at the bottom of my post but can't figure out how to do that. All I can accomplish is getting the typed url. Any suggestion?