Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Better than expected

Our flight went better than expected. Dianna was in better condition on landing than I expected her to be. The airport personnel were very helpful and patient with us. The flight was not completely full, so I was able to give her both our seats to be more comfortable.

The surgeon confirmed the need for surgery to her left leg at the ankle. Plates and screws or pins are in order. He will not do the job until next Thursday. Friends in Houston have opened their home to us until surgery.

Dianna is learning to make transfers without my having to lift her. The pain continues to lessen and she is learning to cope. It is still difficult just to perform necessary functions.

One word of extremely good news is that the right ankle is not broken. What was first observed turned out to be an old break that had healed somewhat abnormally. She is dealing with a severe sprain of the right ankle. It remains in a boot cast for maximum support while the other foot is totally unusable.

The surgeon stated that we may be in for a long recovery and rehab program. This means we may have to secure alternative housing for some 8 months. This is one of the difficulties that many may face when fulltiming. It is not insurmountable, but quite troublesome.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote