Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Polls
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 11:41 AM   #61
agggitator
Established Member

M.O.C. #21185
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
I rarely use the dealer for any warranty work unless it is on the trailer, like now 2 pieces of wood trim ordered. Yes, I have to pay a service charge but that is almost covered by fuel on a trip to the dealer and way over on 2 trips to the dealer. I've had a furnace done by a mobile tech at a campsite under warranty while 760 miles from home. They have come right to my storage lot a few times over the years as well. If they don't get it the 1st time there is no service charge on a call back ~~ but in my experience they never needed to return.
Headed back for the 6th time to get the furnace repaired, Keystone is no help to resolve the problem. Their only insight is to take it back to the dealer and have them fix it again. the dealer has had my 5th wheel longer than I have.

Old 05-31-2018, 10:00 PM   #62
whutfles
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17319
Our 2010 326RLT was our 3rd RV in the last 40 yrs and our 1st 5th wheel. We loved it when we bought it new and we still love it. We've had all of the usual issues - 4 tire issues in 4 years with $3800 skirt damage from the first one. Replaced 4 tires & rims with P215/75R-17.5 Goodyear G114 16 ply. Replaced roof tape on 2 of the 3 slides - not sealed down where it went over screws. Montanna sign pealed off front the first year - they wouldn't warranty it, so removed it, they don't need to know who made it. Both ends of pipe detached in middle of steps. Replaced awning motor 2 yrs ago. Staples in W/D closet came loose - shored up with a hickory 1 X 6 - stronger now than ever. Spare tire rack started to sag so removed and strengthened with 1 1/2" angle iron.

Also added some improvements like washer/dryer, keyless entry, motion porch light, TPM monitors, 3500W inverter, large dry cell batteries, water filters and water softner.

We've been shopping. We've seen bling in other brands but still like Montanna. We like some new Montannas but keep comparing to what we have. After 8 years of getting the bugs out of ours, it's going to have to be a good one to get me to trade. We like our floor plan but would like washer/dryer in center like the 3720 or the 3811. But we have to be able to get into the bathroom and fridge with the slides closed. And we don't want anything over 36-37 feet. Like a washer/dryer in the center of RV but only room for 1 combo, not 2 side/by side. And put a desk in with drawers and go back to the narrower fireplace to make room for the desk. The heat duct in the fireplace is only 1 foot wide X 5" high.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:18 PM   #63
Mike3387
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19510
We bought a new (2018.5) 3810MS. I read the forum for months prior to purchasing, performed the preventative maintenance that the forum recommended and we couldn't be happier. I have a small issue with a slightly leaking level jack, but our thorough walk through on the PDI prevented issues. Had 4 successful trips so far with many more scheduled. From what I understand, no manufacture is perfect, but we are truly "living the dream".
Old 05-31-2018, 11:12 PM   #64
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by agggitator View Post
Headed back for the 6th time to get the furnace repaired, Keystone is no help to resolve the problem. Their only insight is to take it back to the dealer and have them fix it again. the dealer has had my 5th wheel longer than I have.
After a 4 hour PDI on our last 5er, a Cougar we loaded it and 3 days later headed to our snowbird location. Temps in the Carolinas were in the mid 90s so the furnace worked for a short time, got to temp and shut down. At our 1st stop the furnace starting blowing fuses. In the AM I called Atwood and they emailed a list of mobile techs. On the way to our 2 month location a tech was called and would be there after we arrived. He did his diagnostics and Atwood sent a part UPS overnight (took 2 days). He arrived with the part and all done. I paid the $50 service call charge, Atwood covered the rest. Much better than taking it to a dealer. Thankfully, the fireplace and a borrowed electric heater kept us toasty those 2 nights. Found a part broken on the oven of the Montana. A call to the manufacturer and part was sent to me. My dealer is 45 miles from home so a trip down and back to drop it and pick it up later would cost more than the service charge in fuel and time.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:09 PM   #65
barryn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13517
We are on our 2nd Montana, Frist was 2012 Montana 3582RL, 2015 Montana 3729RL Legacy. Out of a total of 7 RVs. Our Very First was a FEMA trailer 2007, with lots of formaldehyde. I'm through with buying RVs, I will rebuild the one I got or I will be out all together. A 80k RV MSRP sold to me for 64K makes you think, WOW, I'm getting a good deal right, but buyer beware any time you get something for way LESS..... Lies, little white ones hidden, you can only hope that the frame doesn't break in half. I've been fixing my RV after the Dealership and Keystone told me talk to the Hand. But, that's OK I'm NOT at their mercy, I can fix it myself. And extended warranty is a Lottery ticket. You are better off putting that money in a CD or bank. DONE, Done, done!
Old 07-03-2019, 10:28 PM   #66
E Rod
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21551
I totally agree. My 2017 Alpine was $84k. This will be my last. I've owned quite a few RVs and this will be my last. I've done quite a few upgrades ,modifications and repairs to it better than what the dealer or factory would of done. I've seen the newer ones and nothing impresses me.

2021 F350 DRW Long Bed 6.7 Diesel Lariat Ultimate
Old 07-04-2019, 09:22 AM   #67
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
I found talking directly to a manufacturer rather than to a dealer or Keystone works best. That is after the Keystone warranty expires. As the manufacturers warranty is in most cases longer. They know there products and do respond faster that a dealership.

Of course one has to be handy and able to do some of the work themselves.
Add 40 GAL tank in bed.
Old 09-25-2019, 03:18 PM   #68
2golfers
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4579
We purchased our first Montana in 2005. It was a 2006 3670RL. We loved it had a few minor issues that our dealer fixed right away. We fulltimed in it until 2015, then just short trips here and there. This was our 2nd keystone product. During that time we also owned some smaller units a coleman popup for shot trips, then traded that for a jayco hard side with pull out beds on each end also for short trips, which we ultimately traded in for a work travel trailer for my husbands job, made by Forrest river. All the while living in our Montana. Just this year we have purchased another 2019 20th Anniversary edition 3121. (we were at the MOC rally in Tucson in 2009 when the 10th anniversary edition was showcased) Love the floor plan of this new unit and I love the interior, however we have had more issues with this one in the first year than we ever had with the old one. I just have to say that "they sure don't make them like they used to" . We do have a wonderful dealer and they have been wonderful with working with keystone to get these issues settled. Would I purchase another Montana, well they sure do have my heart, but Keystone needs to step up to the plate a little more. This is their 20th Anniversary for goodness sake, it should be trouble free.
I remember that rally in Tucson, Charles Wade was the keystone rep that was there and brought the 10th anniversary edition. He was sure to point out all the upgrades that Keystone took from this site and put in that anniversary edition
MOC #4579
Old 06-24-2021, 07:35 PM   #69
badknees
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23792
Badknees

We love our 3931fb with two bathrooms.
Old 06-25-2021, 05:21 AM   #70
Tjvroeg
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24219
Glad you have found this forum to be helpful. There is also a Facebook group for 3790-91 owners specifically and a general one for Montana Owners that I have joined which are also great resources and slightly more user friendly for postings than this site. Jill
Old 09-13-2021, 05:40 PM   #71
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Not one bit...
Old 09-14-2021, 06:08 AM   #72
TCmontana
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27810
We purchased our 3931FB just over a year ago. We had looked for well over a year and we looked at many models including drivable units. In the end we settled on our unit. During the first seven days the hydraulic pump fail and was replaced with no questions or issues. However the camping world that we purchased this from was just horrible. The unit we really enjoy and would by purchase another when and if the time comes. All other issues have been very minor and easily repaired. We are semi retired and are enjoying our time on the road.
Old 10-05-2021, 10:08 AM   #73
Bruce in DFW
Established Member

M.O.C. #28272
Yes, very happy with our 2017 3811MS

Yes, we are very happy with our 2017 3811MS. We purchased it used in 2019. Haven't had any significant issues - all little stuff, which is common with all trailers. I don't know if the build quality of 2020-2022 Montana will be impacted by the high RV demand, supply line issues or staffing issues, but they seem to have a good overall process and make a decent product.
Old 10-05-2021, 10:51 AM   #74
Andy Smith
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25951
Our hydraulic pump failed immediately after purchase in March of 2020, and took over a month to replace, with all the slides out and the camper at a crazy angle in the driveway while the mobile tech waited for the part to become available. Cut it close to the closing date on our house, but we got it fixed and on the road just in time. Otherwise, minor things that I've since learned how to fix, and we're generally pretty satisfied with it! The floor plan is great for me working from home, it tows well with our truck, the amenities (residential fridge, convection microwave) are great.
Old 10-05-2021, 11:01 AM   #75
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
Very happy with our 2019 3560RL, which we bought used on May 1, 2020. Still had the plastic on the appliances, as the original owner only used it for two weeks. Only issues over the last year and almost 7000 miles of use, (1) passenger side propane regulator went out, water pump replaced, and one flat from a large bolt. After having owned a previous 5th wheel, and using that one as my learning process, it made this one much easier. I think with any trailer, you have to have some basic knowledge of mechanics, and able to turn wrenches, or you'll go nuts with having to deal with a repair facility for routine repairs or general maintenance.
2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL, 2020 Chevy 2500 HD, Firestone airbags, Air Lift wireless compressor, Curt gooseneck, 20K Reese Goosebox, TST-507, USMC combat vet & retired LEO. Robert, Anika, Breanna, Dylan (daughter-in-law Stephanie). & our Great Pyrenees Layla
Old 10-09-2021, 03:48 PM   #76
riflegunbuilder
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23386
My 19 3855 is pretty good. Dealer I bought it from is worthless. Keystone not much better. Will probably consider another Montana when I get ready to look again.
Old 10-09-2021, 04:33 PM   #77
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
This thread is over 3.5 years old. I am guessing the OP has made a decision by now.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
Closed Thread