Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
why can't I

why can't i cover my fantastic fans with maxx air II covers? the only issue i see is the fan lid hitting the cover. this condition can be overcome by manual mode or placing a stop on the motor linkage to cause resistance to stop the motor. yes it might reduce some air flow but will i notice, probably not. will the motors overheat, probably not there is still air flow.
so what's the issue? if i remember correctly they only mention Maxx Air covers, what about the other covers not mentioned? am i missing something? i ran the fan in the bathroom with the lid half open and fan set at medium for hours. all was ok.

swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:56 PM   #2
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Swanny I Have One On My Fantastic Fan An It Works Fine. It is A bigger cover by air max. My dealer installed it when I got the monty. Ck where they sell air maxx for the big one. bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Swanny, Do a search on fantastic fans. OLS1932 had a very informative post about covering them. The post is dated Feb 27,2009. I would link you to the post but not sure how to do it.
Jim
Old 04-20-2009, 04:52 AM   #4
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jimcol

Swanny, Do a search on fantastic fans. OLS1932 had a very informative post about covering them. The post is dated Feb 27,2009. I would link you to the post but not sure how to do it.
Jim
This is the link.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:56 AM   #5
jsnip42
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #179
I have a cover on mine also. Just took a much more expensive and larger cover. I would not use mine without it.
jsnip42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:55 AM   #6
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
Thank you ols1932, good info. The only thing that puzzles me is when Mr. Barretta said they ran the fan with the vent only open 3". This was, and i'm guessing to simulate rain. So if it's raining i can run my vent as mentioned. I wonder why i can't run it with the lid just shy of full open with a cover? HHHHHMMMMM. Well I think I'm going to give it a go.

Thank you everybody
Old 04-20-2009, 10:09 AM   #7
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by swanny

Thank you ols1932, good info. The only thing that puzzles me is when Mr. Barretta said they ran the fan with the vent only open 3". This was, and i'm guessing to simulate rain. So if it's raining i can run my vent as mentioned. I wonder why i can't run it with the lid just shy of full open with a cover? HHHHHMMMMM. Well I think I'm going to give it a go.

Thank you everybody
They were not only simulating rain, they were spraying a garden hose at it with water pressure at above 65 psi. No rain got in according to Mr. Barretta because of the air flow being pushed out by the fan.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:07 PM   #8
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
We have one on ours.
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:41 PM   #9
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
We have the Max Air covers on both of our Fantastic fans and they work just fine. One even has the automatic openner and it stops when it hits the cover, just like it hit an obstruction. Have had them on for a couple of years now and not one problem!

Hope this helps.
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:53 PM   #10
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
We have the lager sized Maxx Air covers on ours and it works well, rain or shine. (This is the same one that you can buy with a fan in it, but ours just have a screened opening where the fan would be).
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:04 PM   #11
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
I'm going to do it. Make me happy i can use my two almost new covers. Also Packerfan your right , the motor turns off with resistance. You can stop the lid at any spot by holding the knob that turns. I an going to install stops on the motor linkage so it stops before it hits the Maxxair cover. I'll let you all know how it turns out.