Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2018, 04:53 AM   #1
grumbolt
Established Member

M.O.C. #22670
cracked leaking black tank

well after returning from the first camping trip with the monty, we noticed an unpleasant aroma coming from near the convenience center..

we had purchased the unit used and were told it had 2 tanks.

it turns out it has 3. the galley tank handle had been broken off in the open position so when it was time to dump, the lines were full from the galley tank as well as the galley tank having quite a bit of grey water in it as well.

what kept me from taking a bath when going to dump was past experience teaching better practices... i always install the cap with the water hose port in it on my dump pipe(s) and when it is time to dump, i get the rhino hose in place and slowly remove the small cap with the hose positioned to catch any spillage. this has saved me many times from having to clean up under my unit after dumping (i dont leave a mess at the camp site or dumping station, and it is easier to prevent a mess than it is to clean one up )

anyway after emptying the lines, i dumped the black water, then the bathroom grey water and off to the house we went...

when we arrived home, the smell persisted letting me know there was still an issue other than a valve leaking (all tanks were empty at this point) so i proceeded to pulling the belly enclosures off to see what we shall see and it was an ugly site!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	black tank 1.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	2813   Click image for larger version

Name:	black tank 2.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	2814  
grumbolt is offline   Reply With Quote