Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2010, 06:44 AM   #1
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
Wishing and Hoping

DH and I got home from our first long time out. We left home mid-May and returned mid-October. Home for 5 weeks and we decided to go out close to home for a long weekend.
Once we got into the "Casa" we felt more at home here than in the stick house. No pressure, no big projects, no one we have to say no to except each other. Our feet are itching to get going.
Our 2 sons live near us at the stick house and they are bummed out that we were on the road for 5 months and didn't get to see our grandchildren. Yes, I missed them all sooooo much. BUT I loved being out on the open road with so many options!!!
How do you full timers handle missing the kids and grandkids? We are really toying with the idea of renting out our condo and going out full time. Wishing and hoping!!!

CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:15 PM   #2
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
We just returned home from over four months in the Montana and are already heavy into planning our next escape...we are thinking something over six months this time...can't wait!
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:59 PM   #3
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
I just noticed that you live not too far from us. We are in Sun City Center. We are planning a "Civil War" trip for next year. What are your plans? Do you go to the Florida luncheons? Would love to meet up some time!!
Old 11-19-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Joanie ... video calls with the kids and grandkids make a world of difference. I highly recommend this method of staying in touch ... a gazillion time better than just phone calls.

vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:37 PM   #5
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
We do use Skype already for the grandbabies in Connecticut. I love it and what a great way to stay in touch. thanks
Old 11-19-2010, 07:59 PM   #6
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
CasaDelSol,
Regarding the grandchildren we simply make many trips to visit them. In our case we often route our trips to stop by their place either coming or going. We often make our schedule meet their important dates. I'm less than happy with that process but DW won't have it any other way.

We also use the video processes available now a days. The quality is so good most of the time that we feel like we are actually in the room with them!

Good luck.
HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:42 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
How do you full timers handle missing the kids and grandkids? We are really toying with the idea of renting out our condo and going out full time. Wishing and hoping!!! "

We keep them advised as to where we are and that they can come visit any time. We use Skype, cell phone, E mail. Our grand kids and Great grand kids will be around for a very long time. We will not.,

This is our time.... Our Kids understand. My oldest son(he is 47) said he wants to grow up to be just like me... I hope he can..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:31 AM   #8
lfw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8881
I can't believe what I just read .... THIS IS EXACTLY HOW WE FEEL ....... it's soooo funny. We have a home in Tennessee now but we are rarely there. While I love my house, my "home" is in my Montana !#@###@@#### Good Luck to ya. We are formerly from Sarasota, Florida....34 years in Sarasota... and usually end up in Florida around January ....... take care. Maybe we'll see ya around.........

LFW's DW ..........
lfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:40 PM   #9
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
Rich and LFW...thanks for that. I needed to hear it. We retired a couple of years earlier than we planned because of health problems that made us aware of our expiration dates!! I almost feel guilty about not feeling guilty about living my life now for my husband and me instead of for the "kids" who are ranging in age from 34 to 40. I adore the grandbabies, but see them as often as my kids schedule allow. We might never become full time, but we are lucky enough to live in FL and can travel around here in the winter when we get itchy feet. Our trips out will become longer and longer I'm sure!!