Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2018, 10:43 PM   #1
oldcmac

M.O.C. #21228
A/C condensation on cover and ducts

I been living in my 3700RL for 4 mons and tonight I have condensation forming on a/c unit and ducts inside unit. I set a/c unit to 80 and removed filter and cleaned it then turned fan to high speed. The a/c unit in living area is the unit having trouble and the bedroom unit has not come on yet. I did a search before asking this question but I was unable to find the answer in past post. I am new to the forum but I am sure I am not first person with this problem. I live in Fl and it has been hot and humid today. Any info would be a help thanks.

oldcmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:21 AM   #2
Elikabeth

M.O.C. #21432
We have experienced this, but figured it was inevitable given the high humidity. If it’s possible to keep running the AC it should eventually dry out inside and be less of an issue.

I guess you’d want to rule out the possibility that water that should be draining into the roof isn’t getting inside though.
Elikabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:45 AM   #3
Eagleback
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15731
Same problem here in south florida as the roof is hot and the air and ducts sits right on top of it and runs through it, I have to clean the coils and the air box about every other month this time of year due to musty smell when the unit turns on. Like it was said i did leave the fan running but after awhile that got old and in the afternoon the air runs non stop anyway and when night comes it gives the unit a break because it can finally shut down. the brisk air 2 is a nice unit i calculated the hours running on it and it looks like after 4 years and average 12 hours a day and in the summer it alot more than that, its right around 17000 hours on this unit sitting on the roof directly in the hot sun all day. And the cover is black.
2017, 3500 Ram Big Horn, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, Aisin Transmission, 4:10. Curt Q20, 2014 Mountaineer 331 RLT, Sailun's on the rv and truck.
Eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 05:03 AM   #4
oldcmac

M.O.C. #21228
Thanks for the information, morning has come and I will stop by a local RV center and talk to them also.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:04 AM   #5
oldcmac

M.O.C. #21228
I found too much humidity to be the problem in my unit. I got a Kenmore 35 model humidifier for living room area. I no longer have condensation on my air ducts or unit and A/C is cycling off and on now. The 35 model put a small amount of heat out but not too much. I had smaller units in the bedroom and hall but not enough for the living room.
Old 08-03-2018, 10:31 PM   #6
Bierp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21854
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcmac View Post
I found too much humidity to be the problem in my unit. I got a Kenmore 35 model humidifier for living room area.
Presumably you mean a DEhumidifier.

We're in Omaha at the moment and we're getting interior condensation in the front bedroom right along the cold air return ducts and around the registers. The living room isn't having an issue.

I have two Eva-Dry 1100's running in that room. They're pulling quite a bit of water out, but not enough it seems.

I'll wait till we're back in Washington state to see if this is a regional issue or something I need to dive further in to. (Those of us from WA don't deal well with hot, humid weather!)

Is your Kenmore an upright? Does it eat a lot of floor space?
Old 08-04-2018, 06:58 AM   #7
oldcmac

M.O.C. #21228
I also use 2 Eva-Dry 1100's in our bed/bathroom room. My KM30 Sears model:
Dimensions:
Cord Length :
5.25 (ft.)
Cabinet Depth :
11.2 (in.)
Cabinet Height :
24.2 (in.)
Cabinet Width :
15.8 (in)
I like the size and does not take much room in living room. If the bedroom becomes a problem, I will get another Km 30 for the bedroom/hall area.
I am happy with the unit.