Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2016, 07:00 AM   #1
WinAnne
Established Member

M.O.C. #5029
Day Night Shade Repairs

I think I've seen this before, but cant find it now. How do I repair day/night shades when they get stuck and wont go up and down. We have a 2955 and the bedroom window has a valence around it. I can't get to the screw that releases the blind cord. Any ideas?

WinAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:35 AM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
The screws holding the valance are tricky to find. They are up inside the valance sometimes buried in the fabric. This post has an explanation that should help
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ay,night,shade

If you do a Search on "day night shades" there will be a lot of hits. The greatest one with pictures was done by member Ontmont in 2008. Unfortunately the link no longer works and I haven't seen him here for a while. You might try emailing him and see if he still has the pictures. One trick with the Search facility is to try without/with checking the Archived Posts box. A lot of stuff has been archived and will not appear in a "normal" Search.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:11 AM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
As Carl said, there are screws up under the valance that must be removed. With a flashlight and standing on your head you can see them and remove them. Googling Rv day night shades will bring up lots of info on them including many videos.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 01:42 PM   #4
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Hello All,

Yes, I have not been on here for a long time. We traded our much loved '05 3670RL for a motorhome back in 2010. The day/night pictures still exist, although Google has shifted them around. They can be found at this link. https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JQa1JKRXZpWXJB
(I know, there is a way to shorten links, but I don't remember how to do right now).

I don't remember is there is some way to save things in a special place in the forum for future reference, but please do so if you wish.

For what it is worth, our motorhome's shades are no better, we have replaced them with double roller shades that seem to be easier to use and maintain.

OntMont (John and Donna) former owners of an '02 3255 and '05 3670.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:33 PM   #5
h2ojocky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13025
Here are some links I saved a few years ago . I just copy the link and save it to a document. Hope this helps.

I have the same trailer. You need to remove the valence first. There will be some screws in the top corners that hold the valence in place. Once the valence is removed you will be able to get to the cords to make repairs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?1featu...Rk&noredirect=

h2ojocky is offline   Reply With Quote