Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2013, 05:10 PM   #1
Force
Established Member

M.O.C. #13423
Maxxair fan won't shut off!

Was checking the Maxxair fan today and now can't get it to shut off! It's running on high speed.
Using the Four button keypad on the wall, I can open or close the vent, but the fan still won't shut off. The "fan ON 1-2-3-4" button doesn't do anything now.
The damn thing was working fine 30 minutes ago!
Is there a fuse or something that I can pull to shut it off?

Update:
Couldn't find a fuse or breaker to shut the fan off. Went on top of the 5er and disconnected the wires to the fan motor. Weird thing is the keypad will still open and close the vent. Hmm..
Will contact the dealer tomorrow.
Update:
After waiting for more than 2weeks for the dealer to get me the 4button control panel...with no success , I broke down and called Maxxair.
The service tech said it sounds like the circuit board in the fan itself is fried.
They are mailing me a new one.

Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:12 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Often it pays to contact the manufacturer before the dealer. They actually understand how things work. Good to know Maxxair will take care of you!
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:19 AM   #3
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
FYI - fuse is up in the fan cover. Black twist out knob.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 09:56 PM   #4
RVRoadrambler

M.O.C. #24372
I see that this is an older thread but stumbled upon it as I was searching for a solution to the same issue. I was just wondering if the new CB actually fixed the issue? I've tried swapping out keypads from other locatiins with no success, which leads to me to the same conclusion regarding the CB on the fan itself.
RVRoadrambler is offline   Reply With Quote