Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
dpam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10119
Pictures of Mor/Ryde cracked suspension blocks

I was asked if I can provide pictures of the cracks on my Mor/Ryde rubber blocks. The repair shop gave me the damaged blocks after they were replaced with new ones. The severe cracks are on the bases and are marked with a white crayon. The cracks are about 3.5 inches wide and the repair shop said when the blocks were on the trailer the weight spread the cracks signifcantly. Other than the major cracks on the bases of the blocks there are really no minor weather cracks on the blocks. The repair shop told me if I didn't replace the blocks they can fall out and my suspension would drop 3 inches. My extended warranty is covering the block replacement.

The white crayon shows where the major cracks are located.

http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/dmelnyc1/slideshow/

dpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:07 AM   #2
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
They're certainly big enough to need replacing, but are the cracks at the top or the bottom when mounted? Also, do you know if they were both at the front or back as mounted? Could be information as to why they cracked or at least where we should keep an eye on.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:21 AM   #3
dpam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10119
Walt, I'm not certain, but I think the shop foreman said the bottom of the blocks cracked. Also, there is a smaller crack on the shaft in between the two flat areas(it is circled with white crayon). My suggestion would be to check all areas of the blocks. I believe a few MOC members stated that it is normal to have small weather cracks in the rubber, but my blocks don't have any small weather cracks( see side view picture of both blocks). The only cracks my rubber blocks have are the major cracks.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
They look like ours and when I sent pictures to Mory/ride they said it was normal and didn’t need to be replaced. I send them a picture every year. I have 45,000 miles and 4 years on ours.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #5
dpam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10119
Phil, the repair shop foreman told me they are seeing a fair amount of severely cracked suspension rubber blocks, so they ordered a supply of them from Mor/Ryde so that they have them in stock. also, in order for my extended warranty to pay for the repair they had to speak with the repair shop and the work was approved. The repair shop has an excellent reputation in Calgary, and they do an extremely extensive check on the entire undercarriage/suspension, etc. If your cracks are the same as mine it might be a good idea if you got your suspension blocks checked by a good dealer or a trailer suspension shop in your area. After seeing the cracks in the blocks and I'm no expert I have to admit they look serious.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:57 AM   #6
01RAMer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7316
I had cracks in mine where I could stick a standard screw driver up to the handle. I took pictures and sent them to Mor-Ryde after talking to them on the phone and they sent me new ones without charge. My cracks were on the bottom and were caught doing the yearly state inspection.
01RAMer is offline   Reply With Quote