Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2018, 08:49 PM   #1
Jking621

M.O.C. #21921
Sawdust

I have been winterizing rvs for years but our new 3021 has me stumpted. The pump refuses to pick up the antifreeze. Some antifreeze spits out of the various faucets but mostly air. Any ideas? The set up is the same as our previous 2012 Monty that always worked fine. Appears to be another of the many bugs in this new unit. Any ideas? Thanks Jim

Jking621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:13 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Frequently, in the past, folks have had to use two washers to get a good enough seal at the inlet and have the antifreeze close to level with the inlet.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:20 PM   #3
The Landrys
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21009
Send a message via AIM to The Landrys Send a message via MSN to The Landrys Send a message via Yahoo to The Landrys
Washer...make sure you has a good seal at the inlet. I had the same issue and found that installing a new hose washer did the trick.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:24 PM   #4
Md.FireFighter 3791RD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20081
Send a message via AIM to Md.FireFighter 3791RD Send a message via MSN to Md.FireFighter 3791RD Send a message via Yahoo to Md.FireFighter 3791RD
Just covered this a couple days ago on another winterizing question.If your using the winterizing intake to suck from the pump and if you have the screen were you hook the hose to like i do,take it out and flip it around to help push the valve open so the pump doesn't have to suck it open. If you don't have the cone shaped screen in winterizing intake you should have one were city water is then use that one. Should work fine then. Trust me i know and the person i told a couple days ago on here did it and said it worked perfect. But when your done remove the screen and flip back around to close the valve for when using your camper next year or city water will come out if screen not flip around. Good luck.
Md.FireFighter 3791RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:27 PM   #5
Jking621

M.O.C. #21921
I have tried adding a second washer with no luck. A
Jking621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:33 PM   #6
Md.FireFighter 3791RD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20081
Send a message via AIM to Md.FireFighter 3791RD Send a message via MSN to Md.FireFighter 3791RD Send a message via Yahoo to Md.FireFighter 3791RD
Second washer didnt work for me ,just flip the cone washer around to open valve. Service guy told me to do that and worked as it was suppose to.He told me the valves are to hard for the pump to suck open ,flipping cone screen around helps push it open and when done flip it back around to close it.
Md.FireFighter 3791RD is offline   Reply With Quote