Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2005, 01:52 AM   #1
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
Have you noticed?

Speaking of "Full Timing", has anyone noticed that as the membership continues to grow, the Active Topic list continues to grow also? Back in Mar or Apr when I first started reading MOC, I could look at Active Topics in about 15 minutes and that included writing replies. Now it takes about an hour just to scan them and read the latest replies.

NOT COMPLAINING! Just think it is exciting that we are growing at such a fast pace. Won't be long and it could be Full Timing just keeping up with the Forums.

drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:37 AM   #2
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
I am amazed to see how many new members sign up each day. Must be because we are so nice.
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:59 AM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
It really is exciting to see how fast the forum is growing. I guess the word is getting out and everyone benefits from it. There's so much to learn and so little time. And so many MOCers to meet....
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 03:29 AM   #4
powerstroke73
Established Member

M.O.C. #4515
I found the site through RV.Net and do have to say I lijke this site alot better. It seems there is not a lot of bickering and so forth. Eveyone wants to be helpful and such. And when someone disagrees they do so in a very nice manner. Thakns to all for info I have learned since I have joined.
powerstroke73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:27 AM   #5
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
powerstroke73,
Thank you for the kind words.

And it's not that we don't have our little spats from time to time... we do ..... but we do work very hard to be civil toward one another. Like you many of us found other forums to be too confrontational. When that happens you loose much of the value of the discussion that should be taking place.

The membership of these forums are the ones that make this possible. People here really do want to help as much as possible. Very little moderator guidance is needed. Thanks to all our great members...... of which you are now one. Enjoy.

RVWheels/MOC Admin
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 06:02 AM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
powerstroke73
You have hit the nail on the head. I too have seen other forums where a lot of negative and even nasty personal comments are made. We owe a lot to our moderators and also I think once people get the drift that this is a friendly forum they either keep it friendly or don't visit anymore. And I think this is why the membership is growing so fast. It is very refreshing in this day and age to meet such wonderful people as there is on this forum.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:00 PM   #7
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
The best part is you meet all these nice people on the forum and then all of a sudden you meet them in person. Either at a campground, by flashing on the road, private messaging or a rally and you find out they are even nicer in person. I'm so glad we joined.
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 02:40 AM   #8
drhowell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3628
"flashing on the road"? Careful adelmoll new members might not understand what you are saying?

I absolutely agree with the above posts. Great people, great moderators, great help, good discussions. "Friends"
drhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 03:58 AM   #9
powerstroke73
Established Member

M.O.C. #4515
:-( I didnt get to see the flash lol
powerstroke73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 06:37 AM   #10
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Now we are going to be know as the flashing group!LOL
Funny! Hope we don't get kicked off the internet!
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 01:34 PM   #11
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Between "flashing on the road" and "panty pic resized" no telling what people will think of us!!
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 02:09 PM   #12
montanared
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3903
Well I think ya are some of the finest people i have ever had the incredible fortune to meet. Joining this group is the best decision I made only second to joining the military 37 years ago... Thank you...
montanared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 03:09 PM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Farmer Don, you stated precisely my thoughts about the time it now takes to keep up with the forum. When I first signed up in November, 2002, I could read all new posts for the week in about five to ten minutes, if I read slowly. Now to do the same takes at least 5 hours. Contrary to popular belief, I rarely have that kind of time anymore. So I find I'm having to skip a lot of threads I used to read. But that's life. I said that but have to confess today I've been on here for almost four hours. But during that time I also set up the outside table and grill, grilled our dinner, did dishes, and a few other things. Anyhow, I'm having to cut back on how much I read.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote