Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2007, 12:52 PM   #1
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
Today we joined Sharon

and traded our Monty and Dodge TV for a new motor home. We will definitely miss the interior room, the unique sense of "home", and the unsurpassed "livability" of the Montana. But the positive attributes of a MH made the decision the right one for us and our longer-term travel plans.

Among the most valued aspects of the "Montana Experience" has been the amazing knowledge I have gained on this forum. In the past 2.5 years, I have gone from a newbie who knew less than nothing to a person who now knows enough to be slightly dangerous and confident enough to sink another chunk of loot in a MH.

Thanks to you all for your help and tolerance. I will definitely continue to lurk here periodically and follow both the travels and escapades of the MOC forum family.

Safe travels and may the wind be always at your back.

Bill

Bill Frisbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:12 PM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Best of luck and be safe.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:49 PM   #3
ggranch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6588
Keep the shiny side up and the greasy side down. Happy Trails to you. And like the others told me when we ordered an SOB, the forum is RVs first, brands second. Stick around and let us learn from you now as you blaze a different trail.
ggranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:08 PM   #4
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Congratulations Bill, We all hope the best for you and sharon, please keep us up to date on what you are doing and where you are. Happy Trails.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:16 PM   #5
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Congrats on the new coach. Godspeed in your travels and check in from time to time to let us know how things are going.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 03:04 PM   #6
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Congrats on your new purchase! Which motor home did you chose to go with?
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 04:30 PM   #7
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Montana Sky

Congrats on your new purchase! Which motor home did you chose to go with?
Hi, Dave ...

After much agonizing, many hours on the internet, and many visits to dealers and shows, we decided to purchase a Tiffin Allegro Bay (gasser, Workhouse 22). Despite not being produced by the "Old World Craftsman" of Indiana, the brand is supported and endorsed with the same passion Montana owners exhibit toward their Montys, ranks extremely high in customer satisfaction, and has a Keystone-esque reputation for company service and support. The dealer from whom we purchased has a similar reputation for excellent service and support. So, we employed the wisdom we garnered on the MOC Forum, held our noses, and jumped in. If it turns out to be as good a product as our Montana, we will be more than delighted with our choice.

Bill
Old 03-10-2007, 04:54 PM   #8
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Bill,
Congrats, Tiffin makes a great coach!! A good friend of mine is the General Manager of the dealership here that sells the Allegro products, you chose well. Tiffin takes their customers very seriously and truly stands behind their products. My folks really liked the 42' QDP Allegro Bus at the RV show last month. Enjoy and I look forward to hearing how the new coach is working out for you.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:55 AM   #9
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Congratulations!! Hope you enjoy your new purchase and also hope you will continue to come back for many visits to this site! I think we should start a new Topic/Thread for Alumni.
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:49 AM   #10
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
Thanks to all for your good wishes. We have a bit of a hollow feeling this morning as we get ready to go to the storage site and begin cleaning our things out of the Monty. It will be a tough day. On a positive note, it looks like the father of the young woman who was our sales person for the Allegro Bay wants to buy our complete rig (truck and Montana). That the dealer is a huge Cedar Creek dealer and has many Cedar Creeks of similar vintage and size to our Monty on his lot only makes the smile a little wider! Montana enters the lair of the Cedar Creeks and kicks butt!!! LOL. Sounds like a tale from the Old West!

Bill
Old 03-15-2007, 02:25 PM   #11
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
Bill, Congratulations on your selection of a nice quality motorhome, and on finding a new owner of your Monty. I can appreciate your mixed feelings, as I'm experiencing the same. I'm currently heading west with my motorhome from Florida to California, preparing to move my belongings from one rig to another. When I do finally officially put my Monty up for sale, I hope I find someone as appreciative of the quality as you have. And I hope the new owner will become a member of this terrific MOC family!

Sharon
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 04:46 PM   #12
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
Thanks, Sharon ...

We did the final clear out of the Montana this AM with help from one of our sons and two of our grandkids. It was a very sad moment. The Monty holds many terrific memories and has felt like "home" from the first time we stepped inside it. Ann kept the inside immaculate and whomever buys it will be getting a terrific unit. The new coach was in the shop being prepped for our PDI in a couple of weeks. Looked VERY large! We are getting used to the idea of a motorcoach, however, and look forward to our next adventures. We wish you all the best on your travels.

Bill & Ann