Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-03-2013, 01:13 AM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
And now for something completely different...not!!

With all the recent re-hashing of the never-ending G614 debate and the requisite battles between proponents and opponents, perhaps it is time to take a break and address a more civilized topic such as..........
V-shaped louvered tailgates that are adorned with??????
Ouch, daggone it, that's gonna leave a mark!!
Hee Hee!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:25 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Did your truck get a bo-bo? Easy to do.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:27 AM   #3
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
Hmm. V-shaped tail-gates! This past spring my DW thought that we had a V-shaped tail-gate on our Dodge. After 10 years of hooking up/unhooking, we backed the Monty into our back yard parking spot, dropped the front landing gear, unhooked from the B&W, disconnected the the break-away cable and umbilical. Then she slammed the tail-gate shut and said, "Go ahead."

I did.

It cost me $800 for paint and labor plus $450 for parts to replace the tail-gate.

Oh well. She felt so bad that the next day, I stuck my head up my...arm pit...and backed into a driveway gate.

Now, she doesn't feel so bad.
lasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:59 AM   #4
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
No worry, Ozz. The post is in reference to a thread we had to pass time during the winter a few years ago. I believe some of the original participants are still on the MOC and will hopefully be along shortly to chastise me!! Simply trying to provide some levity to offset the winter doldrums again. Gotta have something to do besides repetitive crashes of the Christmas helicopter toy! Can't camp until our annual Easter expedition! For the curious ones, that have time to waste, here is the original thread complete with it's meandering in and out of relevance.
Louvered Tailgates
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:04 AM   #5
tim43
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9178
Still have the "V" tailgate I had on the 04 Silverado sitting in the back yard. The 2011 tailgates are taller and the old one didn't fit. Anyway, I like the tailgate camera on the new one. Just have to be careful not to bash it.
tim43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:40 AM   #6
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Now, Bingo, that thread got a lot of love and not so much love from many, and I have sworn off participation in another (HAHAHAHA)

But, I still think vgates with bling would be "eye catching".

Shame on you for bringing it up again!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:55 AM   #7
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

No worry, Ozz. The post is in reference to a thread we had to pass time during the winter a few years ago. I believe some of the original participants are still on the MOC and will hopefully be along shortly to chastise me!! Simply trying to provide some levity to offset the winter doldrums again. Gotta have something to do besides repetitive crashes of the Christmas helicopter toy! Can't camp until our annual Easter expedition! For the curious ones, that have time to waste, here is the original thread complete with it's meandering in and out of relevance.
Louvered Tailgates
Bingo

Hey Bingo, what are we going to talk about after this runs its course?
There’s still a lot of winter left.
Perhaps living in the mountains has something to do with it.
Hmmmm, the movie “The Shinning” comes to mind for some reason!

BTW, never had one, don't need it, don't want it!
Now that I've said that...
Old 01-03-2013, 04:24 AM   #8
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
I had thought of getting one of those V-gates but it seems that there is a small area that the pin can back thru. Figured one day I would back up and be off a bit and whack!!! So I kept the factory gate and try hard not to forget to put it down. Some times I worry more about leaving it down and driving off with the trailer.......
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:35 AM   #9
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
I have a V gate for sale. a person could get better milage after it is installed.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:45 AM   #10
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
Bingo, how about Lucy in the sky with “Diamond Studs”
The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:57 AM   #11
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Still got my V gate and the backup camera installed in it still works like new! If you're looking for a good winter thread to start the sparks flying just mention that your V gate has a gun installed
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:02 AM   #12
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
COOL! it would keep the tailgaters off my butt
Old 01-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #13
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
I'll start. Thinking about adding one of these in place of the rear window to eliminate tailgaters.
http://s1190.beta.photobucket.com/us...06173131449083
Mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #14
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
That would work. The ranch trucks in our part of the world mostly have a hydraulic bale spear mounted on the back. I've heard of them taking the truck to town and being tailgated on the interstate and lowering the spear. That would definitely make you respect your stopping distance.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #15
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
LOL EVER BETTER!! Jousting Going Medieval Man!!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #16
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lasater

Hmm. V-shaped tail-gates! This past spring my DW thought that we had a V-shaped tail-gate on our Dodge. After 10 years of hooking up/unhooking, we backed the Monty into our back yard parking spot, dropped the front landing gear, unhooked from the B&W, disconnected the the break-away cable and umbilical. Then she slammed the tail-gate shut and said, "Go ahead."

I did.

It cost me $800 for paint and labor plus $450 for parts to replace the tail-gate.

Oh well. She felt so bad that the next day, I stuck my head up my...arm pit...and backed into a driveway gate.

Is that backup camera still missing???
Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #17
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lasater

I did.

Brad, You did the honorable thing, (guys do that, you know), by backing into the gate, thus making her feel better. Good job!!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #18
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bill-N-Donna

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

Louvered Tailgates
Bingo

Hey Bingo, what are we going to talk about after this runs its course?
There’s still a lot of winter left.
Perhaps living in the mountains has something to do with it.
Hmmmm, the movie “The Shinning” comes to mind for some reason!

BTW, never had one, don't need it, don't want it!
Now that I've said that...
How about, are you ready? Decorative Mud Flaps, Montana Logo or something else.......
Old 01-03-2013, 03:26 PM   #19
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

Still got my V gate and the backup camera installed in it still works like new! If you're looking for a good winter thread to start the sparks flying just mention that your V gate has a gun installed
Since I'm on a roll tonight, how about a TMRL (that's military jargon for: Tailgate Mounted Rocket Launcher). You can find them on the Military surplus web sites. (NOT)!!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #20
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by pineranch

I'll start. Thinking about adding one of these in place of the rear window to eliminate tailgaters.
http://s1190.beta.photobucket.com/us...06173131449083
Mike
Maybe we could get Jim Osborne (OZZ), to fabricate some of these and we could mount them on the back of the Monty......