Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2017, 08:11 AM   #1
bfaix22

M.O.C. #20095
Nightmare

My wife and I just started full timing a few months ago and decided to buy a 2017 Forest River Sabre Cobalt 36BHQ because I am in the Navy and we wanted to have flexibility when moving to new duty stations over the next 10 years. The price of the unit for the size and floorplan was exciting and we pulled the trigger.

After living in it for a few months we discovered a bundle of problems. Water was getting into one of the slides and soaking the carpet when it rained, shower was leaking into the floorboards and soaking my storage space, water pump was allowing water to get into my tank while hooked up to city water, heater did not work correctly, windows and doors were not properly sealed and many other problems. To sum it up the unit was not built correctly and falling apart.

Needless to say, my wife and I were pissed. The warranty was not working with us and because I bought it in California and moved to Washington I could not take it to the dealer. At this point we decided to take the negative equity hit and buy the Montana 3950BR.

I cannot explain enough how much better life is in this unit. The quality of this unit from our last is night and day. You honestly pay for what you get I learned the hard way. If you are on the fence about a Montana I can tell you from my heart it is worth it. I enjoy coming home from work and relaxing in my fifth wheel and I am beyond happy we decided to take on this life style change.

Respectfully,
Brandon