Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2009, 08:01 AM   #1
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Paul Update

Well, I have some bad news. Last Friday Paul had his Pet Scan done. Yesterday we went to the Dr's to get the results and it isn't good. Apparently, everything Paul went through with the chemo and radiation was all for nothing. It didn't do anything to the tumor and now it has spread to his lungs and more lymph nodes. I had a feeling that the tumor was still the same size, but when the Dr. showed me the pictures my heart just sank. The Dr. said that we could try a more aggressive treatment but nothing would change. I told him that enough was enough. He agreed. He said it would only buy him a little time, and at that not much more. He said that Paul maybe might have 6 months left. He said that is a stretch because of the speed that it is spreading. He said I need to get in touch with Hospice so that they can be informed and when the time comes they will step in. This is the hardest thing to deal with. Going into the Dr's. office I was fine, but when the Dr. said those words I fell apart. I asked Paul if he understood what the Dr. was saying and he said yes, but I don't think he understood exactly what was going on.
I called Paul's son last night and he agreed with my decision to not do anything else except make him comfortable. I did ask the Dr. if Paul could have his beer and he wrote an order for that. He told me that we could pour it right into Paul's feeding tube and I told him that isn't what is enjoyable about beer, it is the taste and Paul agreed...So when I got him back to the Vets Home they had a beer waiting for him. I am so glad we moved up here because if we were still in CA. I am afraid Paul would have fallen through the cracks. He has had the best of the best in the Vets Home as much as he could have had anyway. I don't know what each day will bring but I do know that Paul will be living his last days just like he told me to do for him if this ever happened. He was the best thing that ever happened to me and I will be giving him the best of me in return. My prayers now will be for him to live the rest of his life as pain free as possible. I will remain to keep you all posted on things as they happen. But I do want to tell you all Thank You for keeping him in your prayers. Kathi
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote