Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2008, 09:26 AM   #1
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Black Tank Flush Pressure?

When you hook up the flush to your black tank are you supposed to have the pressure restricter hooked up to the hose or can you full blast that sucker with all the water pressure you want? I forgot ot ask my dealer before we drove off and now I don't want to mess anything up. I don't need to flush it out yet but when I was just gawking around it dawned on me I need to know this before we go anywhere.
TIA
Phil

Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:08 AM   #2
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Phil, I'd use the pressure regulator, because I believe that line is still the same and connectors the same as the rest of the unit (plastic). Don't want to blow off the tank connection. Also as some suggest if you close the gate valve to partially fill the tank and then drain, you stand the chance of blowing a seal on the tank.

This is only my opinion, others may disagree.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:05 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
There is no restrictions in the flush line and therefore no real damaging pressure. In some campgrounds I do use a regulator for the freshwater but never for the flush hose. As a matter of fact at this campground, we have been here since Sept 29th, I have no regulator in the line and we are getting from 80 to 85 PSI. I did this as an experiment when we first arrived and have yet to have any problems.

The photo of my regulator that I used in another post was at a CG with 135 PSI.
AQlso, keep in mind that the newer Monty's are pressure tested at 125 PSI so 80 to 85 ain't gonna hurt.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:47 AM   #4
waldo238
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7818
There is a cheap little gizmo called a breaker check valve in line with the sewer flush. When I de-winterized my new 08 this I had a leak in the basement, man I looked all over the place and couldn't tell where it was coming from. So the on place I didn't look yet was in the access panel for the shower controls and that is where I found this leaking little bugger. This device is the back flow and pressure regulator in one. This this is so cheap looking I still got another one under warranty but instead of using it I got 2 elbows and hooked the line together.

Quote:
quote:are you supposed to have the pressure restricter hooked up to the hose
As for this, directions that came with the rig from No-Fuss Flush, they say do not use a water regulator. I did put a back flow preventer on the hook up though.
waldo238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 05:45 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Okie Guy, I don't know what is the "correct way" but I use a Y adapter on the park's hose bib. The normal city water connection goes to one side of the Y, and the regulator is on that side. I connect the hose for the black tank flush to the other side and there is no regulator on that side. I never really thought whether there could be too much pressure and if that could be a problem. So far, no problem, though.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:22 AM   #6
mtheo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6171
There is no shut off valve in the line to the flush system, so there would be no build up of pressure as in the fesh water system.
mtheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:44 PM   #7
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Thanks gang!
I still haven't found any of the no fuss flush paper work in this box of papers that came with the trailer.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:18 AM   #8
RRman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7196
The No-Fuss Flush instruction are one thin cardstock page.
One side had User Instruction, the other side the Installer Instructions.
User mainpoints: Don't use the same hose as you use for fresh water. Don't leave any hose hooked up when not in use. Dump Valve must be open whenever hose is connected.
Use full pressure for two minutes after emptying tank with valve open for about 2 minutes or until discharge is clear.

I violate these and use the flusher to add a few gallons to the empty tank when we arrive at a Campground.

On the Installer side there is a parts list. The Most significant info is the the vacuum breaker-check valve must be installed a minimum of 6 inches above the flood level rim of any connected fixture. Test for leaks with a minimum water pressure of 40 PS1. Don't use a water inlet with a check valve.

Their phone number is (512) 261-8000
RRman is offline   Reply With Quote