Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2006, 04:51 PM   #21
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Craig - I'm going to send mine the checklist from the home page when we go down. I'll tell them that is what we will be going over, and I need the morning until 10:00 by myself to pre-inspect. I'm afraid they will start with the service guy then shove me out the door.

Brad

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:30 AM   #22
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
For those with new units coming,

Remember, ya don't give em the check until AFTER the PDI is done, and all repairs are done.

Brad, when you send em the PDI list, gently inform them you will not be rushed or feel rushed.

Geesh, maybe we need a PDI for the PDI type of thing, here is a list of what you do before you do the PDI.

1.) get insurance

2.) Send PDI to dealer

3.) Remind dealer you will not be rushed.

4.) Remind dealer it is your coin that keeps him in business.

Oh, never mind, I can see that this would get into the snarly stage right quick like!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:36 AM   #23
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Carol,

Our Dealer is 8 hrs away, so we will give it a good shakedown. Learned my lesson last time when the wheel fell off on the way home. We've already discussed 1 business day PDI, and we will have reservations for an additional day to make any corrections before we head home.

Brad
Old 11-14-2006, 06:27 AM   #24
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Good luck with the PDI brad! ALWAYS schedule your PDI on a weekday for backup day availability. We did all the items on Carol's list when we bought our Monty from a Syracuse dealer. They gave us a ----who had never serviced a Montana and was afraid to go up on the roof with a man in a prosthesis. He knew exactly ZERO! Found numerous items needing fixes. They wanted us to come back in a month. Told em' "NO" we knew they had a hook-up in back and we would be staying there and seeing them in the morning for repairs. They were steamed but we got the work done. There are more sad details to the story but we will bore you with that in another thread sometime. Members who have been with MOC a while may recall the infamous black tank dump on Pat.......
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:42 AM   #25
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Thanks Bill!

I guess if I find stuff wrong at they want a month to fix it, so be it. I won't need it in February. However - I won't close the deal either. Guess that's what "Pre-Delivery" means.

Brad
Old 11-14-2006, 10:28 AM   #26
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Mrs. CountryGuy...you need insurance prior to purchase only if required by your ins co. My ins co insures any vehicle we buy automatically and I must call them within 30 days to give them the particulars.

Re hot water heaters...you can use gas and A/C at the same time, but all it does is increase recovery time...you have a 10 gal tank...that's it. Combining the heating elements does not make any more hot water.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote