Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2006, 01:33 PM   #1
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Mid-Turn Lights

I decided to replace my midship side marker lights with dual function marker/turn lights or Mid-Turn lights (based on some Ozz incentive). I found these through a trucking supply company which are similar in size to the existing marker lights. They use a dual filament bulb the same as a new vehicle tailight bulb which is a little heavier filament than the standard 1157.

http://pic30.picturetrail.com/VOL152.../194462849.jpg

We got the opportunity to try these on the highway and they work super as far as signaling those blind spot huggers of your intent to turn.

Disadvantage - they come on with the brake lights. It might add a little extra warning but there is no reasonable way to isolate them from the brake lights unless I can find a european trailer converter (europe has separate turn and brake lights on trailers) or use a separate plug from the TV that brings in the turn signals from the front of the TV. Wiring was my worst nightmare and I would have surrendered if I hadn't been doing other stuff. I had to bring the turn signal circuits up from the left hand belly into the TV area behind the walls to catch the left turn, then over to the right side under the refrigerator for the right turn, concealed in the step and sliding door cavity.

Would I do it again - no. Would I recommend it to others - no. Are they kind of cool - yes.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 02:25 PM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Okay Brad, you are trying to keep up with Ozz, right? Cool. LOL
Happy trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 02:44 PM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Sue !

To maintain my sanity, I have already decided that I will never catch up to Ozz! He is the standard for which others are judged !

Brad
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote