Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2006, 11:32 AM   #21
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Gotcha, Rich! I'll get back to you in a day or two. I'll PM details.

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 01:47 PM   #22
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Dave..look at www.passport-america.com and see what you think of the listed CG's for UP.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 04:04 PM   #23
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Rich, I don't like any of the those listed. Cedarville seems like the best bet, I've never been there, myself. But, they won't allow P/A rates on Thu/Fri/Sat. The others don't have full hookups. Best seems to be elect/water/dump station. About 40 miles from Macinaw. Are you thinking of staying there instead of the Mack City CG's?

If you can give my a date to date time, I can see what I can do for an est @ Mill Creek and at some other CGs in the Area. May be a good excuse for us to take another "day trip" (90 min) up there for research. It always ends up costing us money, though, as it is hard to resist all the fun stuff up there.

Wolverine (35 miles south) is another one. I think this is a new CG. 30 amp/water/dump station. No Fri/Sat P/A rates. (Cash or Check only for P/A campers).

*On Edit~ Let me do so checking, Rich. How soon do you have to know? I'm thinking of making a trip... Got a minor snow storm ("some acculmulation expected/winds gusting to 50 mph") scheduled for Mon night here, but I may be able to run over the end of this week, begining of next. Would that work?
Old 04-02-2006, 08:40 AM   #24
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Dave, did you check across the way at St. Ignace? We stayed at a park with full hookups and PA rates there back in August 2004. Well, shoot, I just looked at don't see that they participate with PA anymore. They also took Good Sam and probably still do (10% off). Lakeshore Campground was the name if you are interested. It's just across the bridge and up the road (west) a mile or two from Mackinaw City.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 02:24 PM   #25
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Steve I'm only 90 minutes from the Mack City/St Ignace area. I'm am going to make a road trip there in a few days. There may not be alot of CGs open there, but I will check at that Chamber of Commerce building on the south side of M.C. Calling there previously has not been very productive when search for the CGs with particular features. I just have to find out where all these are (there are several) from the local people, then make a personal visit.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:25 PM   #26
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We really liked the looks of the park on the road headed to Cheboygan, too. I think it's a state or county park. Someone mentioned Something Mills CG. I think that was it. No idea the cost or if they have full hookups. It's maybe 5 miles out of Mackinac City.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 04:25 PM   #27
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
That's where we stay. It is a beautiful private park. 600-700 campites. You can see both Mackinaw Island (and the Grand Hotel) and the Bridge from the shore at the park. Ore freighters pass just this side of the Island. You can watch the ferrys moving back and forth, especially the rooster tail jet hydroplanes.

Terrific park, but no affliations that I know of. I need to check on that though this year. As you can see by their "Sold out" sites, they don't have a need to be drumming up business too much.

Here's Mill Creek Info:

Home:
http://www.campmackinaw.com/index.htm

Rates:
http://www.campmackinaw.com/pop-up_Rate.htm

Sold Out Sites (updated twice a week):
http://www.campmackinaw.com/sold_out_camp_sites.htm
Old 04-11-2006, 02:54 AM   #28
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks to everyone for their contributions to this topic. We now have reservations at Straits State Park near St. Ignace for a week and Quietwoods-South near Brussels, WI for a week, both in August. Should be able to see the sights from there.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:43 AM   #29
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
You will have a great time, Judy! The Straits SP should be quieter. However, the minotr drawback to being on that side of the Bridge is that Mackinaw City is DEFINITELY the "hotspot" where you and Glen will want to spend most of your time. The Bridge toll will be $5.00 round trip. We find ourselves going back and forth to our CG (Mill Creek) a couple times a day - for breakfast, then later in the afternoon, then again at night for some of the fun stuff going on in M.C. at that time. That would be an additional $15/day out of our budget (we don't need any help on that end, as Mack. City can do enough damage to Cheryl and my budget). If you pre-plan a little, you should be fine.

*On Edit~ Don't forget to take one day and take a day trip (65 miles) up to Sault Ste Marie (The Soo) and take the Locks Tour and spend some time in town.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:50 AM   #30
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks for that added info, Dave. We will plan our trips across the bridge but won't let it spoil our adventure.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote