Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2006, 06:23 AM   #1
CLOSETOMYHART

M.O.C. #5110
washer & dryer - stackable units

Newer member. Thanks to everyone that takes the time to post all the helpful information I've received from this web. After six months of research and several changes, we have taken delivery of the 06' 3400RL and 06' F-350 dually. My question is about the dealer installed Whirlpool, stackable, washer and dryer. After two attempts to install and fasten down the units I have to take the 5er back for a third time. They forgot to turn-on the water. Needless to say, this is and will be a major problem if I ever have a future problem with the water supply. Does anyone have a sugestion that I can share with the service department? Thanks in advance for your consideration.

CLOSETOMYHART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:12 PM   #2
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Do you have a space between the washer and dryer? Above the washer? If so is there enough room to reach through there?
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:02 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I'm not sure I fully understand the problem. Our washer and dryer are Whirlpool. Well, Crosley by Whirlpool. I can reach the water shutoff on the right wall next to the washer. Can you not see or reach yours? Ours is upstairs next to the water closet so maybe it is different in your model.

Also, our washer can be slid forward although it is not an easy task. After 50,000 miles it finally moved about an inch or inch and a half by itself and I just moved it back into place. I might have to remove the door trim to get it out very far, though.

So far there has been no need for maintenance. For winterizing, your Whirlpool manual should have instructions. It is simple. No need to disconnect the water or even shut it off. If yours doesn't have the info, click on the envelope icon above this post and email me and I'll get you the instructions for ours.

Good luck. Congratulations on the new rig. Excellent choices on both!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote