Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2005, 04:31 PM   #1
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
SuperGlide Hitch

Got my new SuperGlide hitch in and went to install it.
I noticed that I had serious galling (deep gouges) in the two main bars and had not even got it installed.
Also on one set of the hitch extensions, the pins would not fit through the holes.
E-mailed, customer service and got a e-mail right back from Linda Marie, sent her pictures and they are sending me a new hitch with extension bars.
That is what I call Customer Service.
I will be the first one to applaud the Pullrite Company.
Thanks

carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 05:36 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
My Superglide is almost 2 years old and was having some "galling" as well along the way tubes. I know a lack of grease is not the problem as Ivan from Pullrite said I was actually over doing it. (go figure) My hitch is at the dealership right now being repaired at no cost to me. Pullrite is picking up the entire tab. I met Ivan at the RV rally in Redmond, OR. and this guy went out of his way as far as to leave the booth in one of the display barns and walk all the way out to my truck in the parking lot. For those who were there you know how far that walk was, and not to mention it was 98 and clear sky out. He sat right there in the bed of my truck on his phone with the main office and told them the trouble I was having. They took care of everything for me right there in the parking lot. All I had to do was bring it to my dealership when I got home. Pullrite says if this does not fix my problem they are going to send me a brand new hitch at no cost to me. Now to me this speaks miles about their customer service. As long as I have a fifth wheel I know there will be a Pullrite hitch in the bed of my truck. I will be the second to applaud Pullrite for putting the customer first.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 09:58 PM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
In my experience I have also found that Pullrite is a great outfit to deal with.

Carlson, Are you aware that Pullrite is located in Mishawaka, IN which is about 15 miles from Pla-Mor? I didn't know this last year but you can bet this year I will be visiting their plant as well as the Montana plant.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 02:32 AM   #4
DCP
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1013
Send a message via AIM to DCP Send a message via MSN to DCP
Glen, I have a Pull Rite as well and will be at the Rally. I would also like to visit the plant, so maybe we can get together!
DCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:59 AM   #5
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
I have the non-slide version of the Pullrite. Great hitch. Foolproof operation. My only problem is that the paint job sucks rocks.

After only 6 months the paint was bubbling up, peeling and rust is building up all over. I gave it a quick coat, but I suspect that I'll wind up having it bead blasted and paint it from scratch...

Eric
Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 08:37 AM   #6
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Happy to hear that Pullrite stands behind their product. We are delighted with our hitch which has gotten us out of several tight spots and one horrific dilemma at Brennan Beach NY (where the office staff sent us down a sandy cul-de-sac which would have been impossible to negotiate w/o the SuperGlide).
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 02:28 PM   #7
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Life without the SuperGlide...I just do NOT want to contemplate it!

Glad to see that PullRite is standing behind you on this one!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 03:11 PM   #8
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
Superglide Up-date,
Where it was only the bar's that where gouged and one set of extnsion's the top holes were too small.
I spoke to Rull-rite to just send me tha parts and I will change it out.
They shipped me the part UPS next day and got them today.
The base plate that runs on the bars is smooth with no rough spots, so I should be all set to change it out tommrrow and get the hitch mounted this weekend.
It was alot easier this way then trying to get a new hitch shipped freight.
carlson is offline   Reply With Quote