Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2006, 02:46 PM   #21
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
Great link Dennis, thanks.

Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:21 PM   #22
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Many states allow it..Everyone should ride back there one time because it will be the ride of your life.Been there ..done that and do not understand how anything in the camper holds together..Wonder how the ride would be with the new Mor_Ryde suspension..Will have to let Helen go back there and report////
That's what was running around in my mind, too, Rich. It's easy to understand the ride problem with the past suspension system. I would not like to try riding in one, but still... it seems like a lot of objections are coming from a rough ride (lack of trailer suspension). If that problem was removed, I just wondering how many would be more open to this. Even though I still think it's dangerous.

If you could see where you are going, this is a different. If you happen stand up, even briefly, just when a curve is coming up that you can't see. You have no means with which to anticipate, and even a slight sweeping curve, after a straight-a-way would take your feet out from under you.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:59 AM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There has been a time or two When Helen had just got off Mid shift when we left and would go back in the TT and go to bed.We always had 2 way communication TT to TV. In bed was not bad..but walking around or doing ANYTHING was not a good thing.We will experiment with the new suspension but I do not expect a great improvement. you can not anticipate braking and that could be a disaster.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 03:14 AM   #24
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Al worked Mids for 18 years. We would have unit hooked up before he left for work on Thursday evening. Friday morning I would be ready to roll at 7 AM (lordy, I cannot believe I did that! HA HA)

He would drive the first hour or so, then I would take over and he would sleep, in the truck or van. I would wake him as I pulled into a rest area or campground 3 or 4 hours later, he was rested some and we were well under way for a weekend of R&R.

Sorry, folks, I cannot imagine placing your loved ones at risk by allowing them to ride in a rig. TT or 5er. PERIOD!! It may be legal, it may save you from taking an extra vehicle, it may be a lot of things, but in my not so humble opinion it is also rather DUMB. Sorry, again, and this may get edited by the powers to be, but I cannot come up with another word to soften my opinion!

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:15 AM   #25
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
As I said before it is bad when a 18 wheeler passes and maybe the driver don't feel any sway but inside you feel it, the ones going in the other direction is bad enough but when one passes you think God will it ever get around. We were going about 55 on a two lane road and I agree with Carol,Never,Never again.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 12:23 PM   #26
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CountryGuy

Al worked Mids for 18 years. We would have unit hooked up before he left for work on Thursday evening. Friday morning I would be ready to roll at 7 AM (lordy, I cannot believe I did that! HA HA)

He would drive the first hour or so, then I would take over and he would sleep, in the truck or van. I would wake him as I pulled into a rest area or campground 3 or 4 hours later, he was rested some and we were well under way for a weekend of R&R.

Sorry, folks, I cannot imagine placing your loved ones at risk by allowing them to ride in a rig. TT or 5er. PERIOD!! It may be legal, it may save you from taking an extra vehicle, it may be a lot of things, but in my not so humble opinion it is also rather DUMB. Sorry, again, and this may get edited by the powers to be, but I cannot come up with another word to soften my opinion!

Carol

AMEN!!
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 05:56 PM   #27
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
We have the Mor/Ryde suspension. Each wheel moves independently. Smooth riding Montana. We had experienced that there was some jostling of things in the rig and since we were full timing, I wanted something that would help protect the rig's structure as well as give a better ride for the contents. The Mor/Ryde suspension really has helped. Nothing broken and our computers, scanner, and printer/copiers ride a whole lot better.
Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 04:04 PM   #28
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
If you ever have seen a wrecked/crashed RV, you wouldn't even want to put your "stuff" in it, let alone people. I spent about 45 minutes one time, along with about 5 other people, picking up pieces and contents of an EMPTY one and NONE of them were in good condition.
Just my opinion, from experience, but it's a potentially very dangerous option.
Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:08 AM   #29
Colden
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4400
Here's the final saga. The guys went for it - two in back of the 2955RLS, two in the truck. While not the best of trips they said it wasn't that bad and had no major problems. 10 hr trip each way. They said the front bedroom was the worst place to be, back side couch was were they stayed.
Colden is offline   Reply With Quote