Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2006, 12:22 PM   #21
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Ahh, the mouse problem rears its ugly little head again!! We had this discusion last year about the same time. We all went round and round about the various "fool-proof" ways to keep the little varmints out. We went the steel wool, moth ball, dryer sheet route--to no avail. Checked the rig in Jan and found them snoozing in the front closet and in the bin under the bed. Pat went stratospheric and announced that all out war was to be waged. On to the sticky traps, snap traps and chemical hors d'oeuvres--caught seven. Moved in in May and by June the rascals had rejoined us. Pressed on to the expansion foam and electronic gizmo from Tractor Supply. Thus far they seem to have worked--though of course the electronic item is useless once the electricity is off. But it seems to work great when you have current! Got the $29.95 model, big enough to do a house. The guy who sold it to us uses one in his barn with great success. Hope we are as lucky. Good luck to all who fight this battle. Just a reminder to be thoughtful about how you proceed--pets and small kids may find some of the weapons quite alluring!

Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:32 PM   #22
Chip
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6338
The mouse problem is one of the questions I was going to ask.
I opened the pop-up one spring and was in shock. The mice were all over the inside. I grabbed my trust BB-Gun and waged war. Shot three and scared the rest.
They caused $1000 dollars in damage. I sealed everything with the foam and tape. It worked as I had no more problems.

I did look over the Montana we purchased with this in mind. It does look like a challenge to seal it properly. But I am getting some ideas from you guys as how to go about sealing it up.

Thanks

2012 Big Sky 3400, now an SOB 5th wheel
2007 Montana 3075 previously
2015 GMC 3500 Dually
Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:15 AM   #23
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
I know people laugh about this, my son called and said he had mice and I told him about the Dryer sheets. I use them when we leave our house for a trip and also when we store the Montana for several months at a time. I just get a whole box and put them everywhere, even between the sheets at home and in the Montana. So far, no mice. Before I started doing this we always had mice come into our house while gone. Never had any in the Montana, always used the dryer sheets. I even put the downie sheets in the basement areas, closets under sinks, you name it. Just a thought. It might work for you too. Who knows. It keeps the Montana fresh smelling too, when we open it up.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Montana Rog

I was watching TV this evening in our 2003 3670RL and a mouse came out by the kitchen sink. Where could they get in? I will be looking at the outside where all the lines..waste, and gas and water enter the unit. I WILL win! ha ha
Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote