Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2021, 08:30 PM   #1
Gunns1957
Established Member

M.O.C. #18147
Question: Norcold Model 1210

I’m hoping someone out there can help me out with a minor issue with my fridge.
My left door seems to “lock up’’ on me when I close it and the only way I can get it open is to open the right door and mess with the door seal panel. I looked at the Norcold manual - no help there. Anybody got any answers, I’m all ears. Not sure if it can be adjusted but looking for answers/suggestions.
I have a 2014 Montana 3900fb.

Frank & Grace
2014 Montana 3900fb
2015 Ford F-350 XLT Dually
Gunns1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:24 PM   #2
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Our 1210 does the same exact thing. I can only open the left door once easily. If I try to open it again, I have to pull so hard, I think the handle may break.
Its as if a vacuum is created after the first opening.

I now have a label on the door to alert anyone that may open them to open the right door first. Ill be dammed if I can figure it out.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 05:10 AM   #3
psomers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12724
My 1210 does the same. It works fine if you open the right door first. Also the seal on the right door is beginning to split at the top where the two doors meet. Know where to get a new seal?

Paul Northport,AL W4XH
2013 358 RLT Mountaineer
2008 Silverado Duramax
psomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 05:46 AM   #4
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
I have the 2118 model (4 doors and the flap seal).
Mine was dragging on the bottom causing the door seal to not close properly. Many have posted about this.
Remove the "made in usa" sticker at the bottom. Take a knife and scrape smooth any rough edges along the top and bottom of the door seal.
Remove the hinge covers and youvwill see the door bolts. Remove the door and add a washer (or 2) to the bottom hing pin to raise the door.
When reinstalling the door before tightening the top bolts check the swing/closing of the door. Tilt the door as necessary. Once you are satisfied it is where you want it tighten the bolts.
Now check the seals to make sure they are good and tight. Close a piece of paper in the door and make sure it doesn't pull out easily.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fridge door flap.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	8432   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fridge hinge.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	8433  
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 07:43 AM   #5
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
I already did the adjusting of the doors years ago. Both doors were dragging on the bottom so I added a few washers to raise them up. That worked great but it did nothing for the ability to open the left door
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote