Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2017, 09:49 PM   #1
ashmlawson

M.O.C. #20302
Question Hot water heater bypass & bedroom speakers

Hello all! I'm a newbie! We have recently obtained a 2007 Montana mountaineer. We had to make a some repairs. This week we will be replacing the hot water heater and I cannot find a bypass. Is it possible that there isn't one or am I just being dumb?

Question two, not nearly as important – there are two speakers in the bedroom ceiling. We have a radio in the living room (opposite side of the RV) which is hooked up, and there are no additional wires available. So what did the bedroom speakers do? Because even with all the speakers on, radio does not play music in the bedroom. I thought for haps the speakers to go to the bedroom TV? But if that is the case, I'm not sure how to hook them up ?

Any help you can give me is extremely appreciated!

ashmlawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:31 AM   #2
cw3jason
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17256
I do not have your year or model trailer, but your bypass will either be located in the convenience center if equipped or a series of valves behind the water heater itself. usually accessed from a cabinet or false wall near the water pump. Speakers are usually controlled on the radio, by an A/B speaker switch. Hopefully someone with your model trailer can be more help.
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:17 AM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I have a 2007 Montana (not Mountaineer). My original DVD/surround sound system had speaker outputs for the 5 living room speakers and the two bedroom speakers. You could select living room only or living room and bedroom. That system died years ago and I could not find a replacement with the 2 extra speaker option. But since we never used the bedroom speakers anyway, that was no problem. Those wires are just tucked away inside the cabinet now.

And there is a water heater bypass switch in the convenience center.

Mountaineer may be different on both counts.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:35 AM   #4
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmlawson View Post
Hello all! I'm a newbie! We have recently obtained a 2007 Montana mountaineer. We had to make a some repairs. This week we will be replacing the hot water heater and I cannot find a bypass. Is it possible that there isn't one or am I just being dumb?

Question two, not nearly as important – there are two speakers in the bedroom ceiling. We have a radio in the living room (opposite side of the RV) which is hooked up, and there are no additional wires available. So what did the bedroom speakers do? Because even with all the speakers on, radio does not play music in the bedroom. I thought for haps the speakers to go to the bedroom TV? But if that is the case, I'm not sure how to hook them up ?

Any help you can give me is extremely appreciated!
Our 2004 2955RL has a switch on the underside of the shelf that the living room TV sits on. It turns the bedroom speakers on or off. They are wired into the suround sound system Hope this helps.

Tags
hot water heater, speakers, surroundsound, water bypass