Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2007, 07:14 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Difficult Sunday Afternoon

We drove up to Toronto to see a family that had been members of our church in Hong Kong. Dianna missed a step, fell, and broke her left ankle and cracked a bone in her right ankle. The left one will require surgery, the right, a boot. Medicare does not cover in Canada. We are trying to get her back to Houston, TX to her surgeon. With the RV in Niagara Falls, we have major logistic problems. Fatigue abounds at this writing. We were in emergency from 5:00 PM to midnight. She is still there overnight.

Prayers for her comfort (lots of pain) and wisdom for me would be appreciated.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:07 PM   #2
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Stiles that is terrible news. I can just imagine what you are going through. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Dianna. Hopefully, you can get Dianna back to Houston for surgery very soon.

Perhaps a MOCTAPer in the Buffalo/Niagara Falls area would be able to assist you securing your Monty and get you to the airport.

I'm new to Medicare. I didn't realize Medicare would not cover medical expenses out of the country. That is just not right.

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:46 AM   #3
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Stiles: Which side of the border is the RV? I am about 150 miles east of Toronto. Yesterday I was 30 miles east as we went looking at new coaches. I will PM you my phone number. If you have to leave the RV let me know and maybe we can work something out.
Don & Annie: We have the same situation in Canada. We have to take out "Out of Country insurance" when we head to Tx. for the 5 mos. we are there. Free health care at home though.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:46 AM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Stiles, we are so sorry to hear of Dianna's fall and pray that the Lord will work out all the details and give Dianna supernatural comfort. We will be praying with you.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:49 AM   #5
refocused
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6586
Our prayers are with you - nothing like having an emergency when you are away from home - we know the Lord will work everything out for you - may His peace surround you!
refocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:56 AM   #6
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Stiles, sorry to hear about that. We will keep both of you in our prayers.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:45 AM   #7
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Stiles, we will sure keep Dianna and you in our thoughts and prays. We wish both of you the very best and Dianna a speedy recovery.
rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:46 AM   #8
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Stiles, you and Dianna are in our thoughts and prayers for guidance and assistance.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:52 AM   #9
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
So sorry to hear of Dianna's fall. Will keep both of you in my prayers.
I hope you can get her back to TX as soon as possible.
We will be thinking of both of you.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:52 AM   #10
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Thoughts and prayers are going up for you here in the mountains of WV. Logistics of traveling when we have medical problems can be a nightmare. I am not yet old enouch for medicare so I am covered under Tri-Care Prime from Tom's military retirement. We were planning on heading south around mid October but are today packing things up here at the summer place. I have run into a few minor complications and need to get back to my doctors in FL. Seems if you have surgery in FL, the WV, MD and VA doctors do not want to help. Everyone we call says go to the ER and we all know what a nightmare that can be. Even if you do go to the emergency room they just tell you to go see your regular doctor. So we are heading to get the Monty out of storage tomorrow and will be driving south on Thursday. I have a doctors appointment in Orlando area on Monday. So Stiles, we certainly can sympathize with you and will definitely keep you in prayer. Our God is an awesome God and this will all have to rest in his hands. Give Diana a hug for all of us.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:56 AM   #11
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Stiles,

In times of stress, we turn to our friends, we send forth hugs and best wishes.

Let me ask you a question, do you have any of that medical coverage from like Good Sam, etc. Where they drag your unit home for you, and fly Dianna home?? It is an extra policy they offer. I ask only to jog your memory during such a stressful and exhausting time, maybe you forgot you had it. I know I might. I only ask this in the best of friendship and caring, I am saying this all wrong, but I know you "get" it.

Please keep us posted as to how you guys are doing, you will be in our prayers.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:14 AM   #12
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Stiles and Dianna, our prayers are with you hoping for pain relief for Dianna and wisdom and strength for Stiles.
Joyce we will add you to the strength list also. Certainly hope everything turns out okay with your Doctor visit.
This insurance thing is a difficult part of full timing. We can't go on new insurance until Dec. 1 when Ed is elgible for Medicare and we don't think our Calif. insurance would cover us since we have become residents of SD. So for the next 2 months we walk on egg shells.
Happy trails...........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:31 AM   #13
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Our prayers and thoughts are with you......
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:43 AM   #14
mamashappy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7633
praying for you both in this stressful and painful time. praying also for quick answers to getting the medical treatment you need, and for getting the matters with your RV settled. friends that you do not know yet, will help you out .
mamashappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:57 AM   #15
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Stiles & Diana, our thoughts and prayers are with you and hope the solution is opening up for you.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:20 AM   #16
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Stiles, So very sorry to hear of Diannas fall and your problems. As has been said, our God is an awesome God and He will see you through this. Our prayers are with you, but I am confident He will see you through this.

Phil & Cathy

PS: I know this is a little late for you but there is an organization that offers assistance just as you require. I attended one of their orientations but have not joined myself. You can read more about them at http://www.masavfw.com/index.php. This is information only and I do not have any connection to these folks.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:57 AM   #17
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bill and Ann

Stiles: Which side of the border is the RV? I am about 150 miles east of Toronto. Yesterday I was 30 miles east as we went looking at new coaches. I will PM you my phone number. Call me if you need to leave the RV and maybe we can work something out.
Don & Annie: We have the same situation in Canada. We have to take out "Out of Country insurance" when we head to Tx. for the 5 mos. we are there. Free health care at home though.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 06:42 AM   #18
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Stiles and Diana, our prayers and thoughts are with the two of you also. I wish I was closer so I could help get your Montana home.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 06:54 AM   #19
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Update: Have Dianna at the home of friends in Richmond Hill, ON. She is a trooper. Pain has lessoned. Thank you for your prayers and words of encouragement. Working on the evacuation logistics. May have her on her way to Texas in 24 hours. So many details and contingencies to acount for.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:16 AM   #20
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Stiles,
Our prayers are with you and it sounds like you are getting some help with the rig.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote