Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2006, 01:29 PM   #1
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Fresno California??

I am looking for any information I can get on Fresno, Ca. Weather, community, campgrounds, everything... I have a job interview coming up and would be going "full time" if I were to move to the area?? Any suggestions/info would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks~

Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 02:05 PM   #2
HomeOnTheRoad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1104
http://www.city-data.com/city/Fresno-California.html

http://www.fresnocvb.org/

http://www.fresno.gov/default.htm

It is close to Yosemite National Park too.

HomeOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:08 PM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Dave,
I meant to answer you when you first posted and got interrupted. Several years ago I had an assignment in Fresno and we couldn't find a CG in the city that was okay. We finally stayed at the Visalia KOA. The people there were terrific. We needed to leave our RV (BM - before Monty) there so we could go home and come back in a week and head for Northern Calif. They worked at a deal with us so we didn't have to pay full price for that week. If you are in that area, you will be close to one of our favorite places - Harris Ranch on the 5 at Coalinga. Be sure and have a steak dinner there. Terrific.
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:38 PM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Thank you HOTR and Sue.
I have been looking for campgrounds in the Fresno area, so far nothing has caught my eye. Looks like I will have to widen the search to near by towns/cities. Have the resume in, now just waiting for the higher powers to put me where I am supposed to be.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:15 AM   #5
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Good Luck and hope things go your way. However if you go full time you are going to have to upgrade to a 07.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:09 AM   #6
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Dave, Kingsburg is about 20 miles south of Fresno. We have a relative in Kingsburg, so we haven't taken the Montana with us while visiting, but I understand one of the RV parks there made some major improvements last year - might be worth investigating.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:52 AM   #7
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
Dave,
Parrothead is right the KOA at Visalia is about the best. We live in the Visalia area and I worked and went to school in Fresno. Escappees have a Co-op Campground in Coursegold also. I have know some people who used the KOA and said it was great.

This time of year we are going into the fog season which will last until about Feb or March. In a bad season it will be so foggy you can not see across the street but latly it has been very mild with fog mostly at night. In the summer be prepared for 100 degree heat.

Good luck on the job. All-in-all Fresno is a great town with lots of activities and many recreational opportunites nearby. If you have any specific questions on the area let me know. I will be glad to help out.

Jim R.
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:36 PM   #8
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Jim,
Thank you for the info and the offer of help. I did the interview this afternoon, they have 8 other interviews to do over the next 3 days. Hope to hear something by weeks end. Thanks again~
Old 12-13-2006, 04:56 AM   #9
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Good luck to you Dave, hope it works out for you
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote