Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2006, 09:49 AM   #21
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Way to go, Lisa!!! I've been smoke free since March 21, 1992 and it was truly one of the most difficult things I've ever done. It's not easy and I admire you for taking on the challenge ... good luck and keep the faith!

(Steve just celebrated his 10th smoke-free anniversary a little more than a week ago.)

(Ice water is good too when you think you "need" the taste.)

vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 09:53 AM   #22
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Go Lisa Go. I smoked for 40 plus years and quit a year ago this past August.
When it is getting so bad, place yourself in a non-smoking environment - go shopping in grocery or something - go some place where you can't smoke till the urge is gone.
Stay with it, you can do it.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:06 AM   #23
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
I've been busy and just read everything so far. Wow! Thanks for the stories of success from all of you!! Great tips too!! I guess it sticks in your head the day you quit! I guess it will be something for me to celebrate each year ! I haven't stopped thinking about it all day. Everytime I've gone out to the warehouse to think about it some more, someone is smoking and I just come back on in the showroom! AGHHHHHHHHHHH!!! LOL. Okay, hopefully, I 'll have internet at the brick house tomorrow. Otherwise, I'll check in on Monday and let you know how strong I've been. I think I'll print this off and take it with me to read! Thanks again for your support!
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:07 AM   #24
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Been there....done that....in Feb. 1976, and it was very hard. You can beat the habit, just takes some will power. Best thing about it is how much better you will feel and how much better it is for your health. In a couple of months when you are around smokers you will not believe how bad it smells.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:19 PM   #25
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
Nicotine is one of the most addictive substances on the planet, even more so then heroin. Rats will consume it until it kills them. Some people have even committed suicide by soaking in a tub filled with cigarettes...no denying it is a deadly and lethal drug. You are doing the best and most important thing you can do for your health by quitting! I know you can do it! Food is gonna taste so good in about three months! You won't believe it! WE ARE PROUD OF YOU LISA!
t
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:38 PM   #26
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Lisa,
As has been said by many others....... this is one very hard habit to break. It is amazing just how addictive these things can be! I wish you the very best in your effort to quit smoking.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:54 PM   #27
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
You can do it Lisa! I went to my doctor a few years ago and asked for the patch (2-2 and a half packs a day). He asked how much I smoked at home. One cigarette. We didn't smoke in the house and we were both too lazy to walk out in the garage; especially during the winter. He told me to change my habits. Worked for over five years. Unfortunately I had a relapse that lasted until I came home from Iraq last February. Been almost 21 months now for both of us and we are doing really well.

gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 05:13 PM   #28
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
You can do it! You have the main part of the battle won.... and that is, that you really want to quit.
I quit around 17 years ago. Don over 20 years ago. We can't stand cigarette smoke now.
Hang in there! I know you can do it. Every day will get easier.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 02:55 AM   #29
texdeano
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4480
Send a message via Yahoo to texdeano
Best of luck.My wife and I both are past smokers.I quit before she did and it took a heart attack for for her to quit.You will love yourself if you manage to kick the habit.
texdeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 11:08 AM   #30
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
GO GIRL, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
Your doing it the right way, I quit because of a massive heart attack in 94. Haven't had one since, no desire, no way!!!
You made through yesterday, today and you'll make it the rest of your life.
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 03:25 PM   #31
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
man what a great gift to give your family the gift of life free of that little thing. it rules you I know it did me for many years till one day my daughter asked me why I smoked and I really couldn't come up with a honest answer she was 5 years old at the time and it just made no scence to her so I quit right there on the spot never to look back as I have told others trying to quit you never ever truly quit till you make up your mind your in control not the smokes so I hope you too take control and have many great days smoke free ahead of you good luck I know if I could quit you can too
boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:08 PM   #32
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
Good for you Lisa, you can do it! It has been 10 years now for me, cold turkey is the only way. The breathing was also my solution to the craving. 10 deep breaths in and out and the craving lessened. Hang in there !!!
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:27 PM   #33
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Lisa,

I am so proud of you and envious at the same time. If you fall off the ladder pick yourself up and try to climb it again. You can do it! You have a couple of cowboys in Oklahoma saying prayers for you tonight!

Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:46 PM   #34
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
Way to go! I know it's a tough habit to quit but so worth it. My sister died of a massive stroke in January-due to smoking. She was only 51, she had smoked all her life - it's so sad that smoking is such an addictive habit that it ruins so many lives. One day at a time. Best of luck to you. It is possible and you'll feel so much better.
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:48 AM   #35
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Good Morning Everyone !! Wow ! Do I feel great !!
Thanks for helping me through the weekend!
All of your input kept going thru my head & this morning, there's even more!
We didn't get internet @ the brick house yet.
Thank you soooooo much! It is really helping!
I would love to thank each & every one of you personally but this post would get way too long,
maybe a PM would be better for that.
The worst part is in the mornings with my coffee. So far today, it's not bothering me.
I was surprised that having a few "drinks" didn't make me want to smoke.
Everytime, I'd think about it, I'd think of all of you, and what you all said and I was okay to go do something else.
Hey, I even went fishing in our lake with our company's kids & I caught the biggest catfish of the day!!
I feel good about this. It feels right. And I know I can beat it, especially with friends like you !
Old 11-20-2006, 02:10 PM   #36
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Wifeofdano - folks all I can say is that you have just taken back your lives from a small white piece of paper stuffed with tobacco. I quite myself several years back and have thank the good Lord and God that I have been smoke free ever since. I will say, that you will still like the smell and even crave one, but just thinking that you will live longer will get you beyond that urge. Best of luck and congratulations.

Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:15 PM   #37
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
I'm with you all the way! You can do it. We're all behind you.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:30 PM   #38
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Way to go Lisa, you've got some momentum now, don't slow down. We are ALL still with you all the way.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:52 AM   #39
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Good Morning !!
Wow !! My lungs are feeling pretty darn good today !!
You are all so great !!
You have made my last time quitting so much easier to deal with.
This is actually really fun !!
Old 11-21-2006, 07:31 AM   #40
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
Lisa, you have the right attitude: you are quitting for the "last time"
We wish you continued success and easier breathing for life!!!
Mariana
Lije Baley is offline   Reply With Quote