Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2005, 03:29 PM   #141
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I really enjoyed looking through all 41 pictures. It looks like you all had a really good time! Thanks for posting the pictures.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 03:47 AM   #142
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
We had a great time in the valley and it was great to see MOC members which we met at the rally. I must say that this is a wonderful group of people and we look forward to seeing everyone again. We are headed out to San Antonio where we will be for a week before moving on. Safe travels to each and everyone.
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 05:27 AM   #143
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Here are our pictures from the Rendezvous Along the Rio Grande.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johndon...s/127291/show/
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 05:37 AM   #144
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Great pictures, John and Donna! I recognize many of the folks who were there but not everyone. Does anyone have names and/or userids to go with the pictures by any chance?
Old 02-19-2005, 07:05 AM   #145
contau lake
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2222

It was great to finally meet a lot of the folks I've been reading and conversing with on the forum. Many thanks for the efforts of all those responsible for organizing the get-to-gether!! This thread seems to be taking on a life of its own!!

contau lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 08:17 AM   #146
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Steve and Vicki: I put the names on the pics for those whose names I remembered. Perhaps if people give me the picture number and the names to go with them, on the pics I posted, I will edit the pics so the names can be on them.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 08:54 AM   #147
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I did see those, Bill. Thanks for doing that. Don't anybody go to a bunch of trouble on my account, I just wondered if anyone knew off the tops of their heads. Not a big deal. We'll hopefully meet most of them eventually one place or another.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:19 AM   #148
Random Line
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7
Great work by everyone!!

How many attended?

We are sorry to miss being there.

I like the idea mentioned of a monthly luncheon for the MOC members in the area. That will give a lot more of us a chance to attend one or two sessions and meet new folks in Montanas.

Hope to see some of you in the Vally in Jan 06 and also at other places during the coming year.

Best wishes for safe and happy travels from Sunny Biloxi.

Random Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 03:22 AM   #149
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Random Line/Jim and Fred: If my count was correct, I think there were 33 attending.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:27 AM   #150
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Jim and Fredrica

The very reason the multiple meetings came up, is cause of you guys NOT attending, it came to mind that some had to miss, were in the area, say in January, but had to move on before February.

Stay safe on your travels.

I counted 13 MOC members/couples and 2 guest couples, one of which owns a Montana, one of which is LOOKING! Bill's count is probably closer, I forgot, for example Bill and Ann's son Marc!

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 12:40 PM   #151
Random Line
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7

Bill/Ann and Country Guys,

We will try a little harder to get to one of the gatherings next year,

Even though we had to miss the gathering this year just seeing the thing happen successfully is gratifying.

Once more we vote for monthly gatherings for Jan and Feb next year. If I remember correctly a couple of other brand groups were advertising monthly luncheon gatherings in the Harlingen area.

Tomorrow morning we will consume the last of the Rio Red grapfruit we have brought with us from the Valley. I don't think we will have any oranges or grapfruit that sweet (and cheap) until we return there next year.

But the world is full of places that we havn't seen yet
and interesting and friendly people that we havn't met
so:
...Onward....

We have another 8 or 10 months to live as Fulltimers. Unglamorously a large part of that will be beside the turmoil of construction of our next stick built house.

We will be hoping to met you all not too far down the road.

In the meantime we will ask the Lord to grant you safe and happy travels.
Random Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 01:36 PM   #152
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We will be in the valley next Jan and Feb and also would like to see the monthly get-togethers!
Old 02-21-2005, 04:31 PM   #153
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
I just heard on the news tonight that the highest temperature in the entire continental United States today was registered in Longview, Texas. Maybe you folks in the Valley have gone too far south!
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 02:56 AM   #154
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Sreigle/Random Line
We will be here waiting for you to get here.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:13 AM   #155
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Just an update to let you know that I contacted Lady rv, re setting up a Rio Grande Region in the Regional MOC section, on Feb. 18 but haven't got anything back yet.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:10 PM   #156
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Padre, I really enjoyed your RV History website. We drove through Inks Lake State Park, if that's the one up around Marble Falls / Kingsland area. We stayed in Fredericksburg and explored the area. We have friends in Kingsland, on Truman Lake. That's a really nice area.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:38 PM   #157
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Thanks, Steve, Inks Lake is near Buchannan Dam (a much larger lake). As you see from that little 'journey through the past' we first went there in a very small travel trailer in the 1960s. In recent years we have been back several time and have always enjoyed staying there. In fact, we have visited Fredericksburg as a very pleasant day trip from there. It is especially beautiful in the Spring when the wildflowers are a their peak.

ADDED: If you didn't see it here is a web site featuring Inks Lake:
http://www.dw4u.net/Inks/InkPage.html

In fact, we are considering taking our Montana down to the Austin area this weekend. I want to do some family research at the American History Center at the University of Texas.

I note that you are planning to spend some time in the Texas Valley next Winter. Maybe we will get to see you then. We certainly appreciate your contributions to this forum, and look forward to meeting both of you in person.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote