Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2011, 03:40 AM   #21
bighornram
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11619
Mine sprayed around the fitting first time using it. When I took it back to the dealer for first adjustment and this isn't right visit they replaced the connector in the convenience center. Said it was spraying like crazy behind the convenience center wall. When I dropped it off I mentioned reading about the anti siphon valve. They told me sometimes they are in backwards too!

bighornram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:40 AM   #22
bruiser
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6319
Just had the same problem with mine last weekend. Thanks to a quick search on this forum I was able to locate the problem (crack in anti-siphon valve) and fix as others have done. Bought the part from our local Montana dealer, cut the hole in the wall to access it, replaced the part and put a new access panel on. Our 3500 is a little different than the 3400 as the valve is located behind the closet at the front entrance. Thanks MOC.
bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:49 PM   #23
BrokenElbow
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6835
Mine came new with the problem. My first attempt to use the black tank flush flooded my basement. Took it back and the dealer replaced the check valve (an inexpensive plastic one comes with the unit new...I paid $27 for a new brass unit) with a new one under warentee (at least for the labor). Problem solved. My check valved was located behind the shower and the tech reached it by removing the shower water valve cover and reaching up behind the wall. This is a very common problem with the Montana check valves. It's a shame because for a few dollars more they could change these for a much nicer valve.
BrokenElbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:05 AM   #24
Larry-P
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11570
I have the 2011 3455SA unit.
What is the Black tank flush, how does it work & how and when do I use it ??
I see the water connection in the control center & the black switch but can find no documentation on it in my manuals.
We've been in our new unit about 2 weeks & so far things are going fairly well.
And speaking of manuals, should I have gotten one large reference manual with my unit. Every time I want to find out something I have um'ten sheets of paper to search through. Is this normal ??
Thanks for the help.
Larry-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:02 AM   #25
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Your black tank flush is a system to aide in cleaning your black tank after dumping. It is a sprayer in the tank with a hose outlet to hook to a city water supply. Once hooked up and turned on you can hear the water spraying the inside of the tank. The way I use is it is to close the dump valve, turn on the water and let it run for about 3 or 4 minutes then open the dump valve. Continue the process untill the water coming out the dump valve is clean. May take several times. I use a clear elbow between the dump pipe and the dump hose to observe when the tank is clean. Word of caution. DON'T WALK AWAY FROM THE UNIT WHEN PERFORMING THIS OPERATION. Some have done this only to overfill the black tank and have it leak into the underbelly. It is a great device when it works correctly and helps keep the tank clean.
Sounds like you got the same manual with your unit that I got. Almost useless. Jim
Old 09-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #26
Sierra 117
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9481
Larry P.

If you look in your convenience center, you will see three hose connections. the top one is freeze guard used for winterizing. the center one is the city water hook up. The bottom one is the sewer flush system. When dumping the black tank you can use this connection to spray and clean the interior of the black tank. Do not use your drinking water hose for this.
Sierra 117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:34 AM   #27
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
I understand that each person has his/her method of using the in tank sprayer but just to be clear, the instructions on the service center specifically say to ensure that the black tank waste gate is OPEN when utilizing the tank spray cleaner. This prevents an overflow situation.
As Jim wisely warned, don't walk away from it if you use another method.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jimcol

The way I use is it is to close the dump valve, turn on the water and let it run for about 3 or 4 minutes then open the dump valve.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:36 AM   #28
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
BTW, does anyone know where the check valve is located in a 2010 3150RL?
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #29
Larry-P
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11570
Thank you everyone for your help. I used the Black tank flush & it seemed to work okay. Tank is clean & no water leakage except the low point hose leaked water onto the ground when I was flushing the tank. But this did not seemed to be a problem.
Does anyone know where the check value is on my 2011 3455SA unit ??

Thanks again.
Larry-P is offline   Reply With Quote