Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2007, 03:34 AM   #1
stevemc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6587
Are the camping gods frowning upon us?

Well we're loaded up for a long weekend trip. This is only our second outing and it's 45 degrees and drizzeling rain. Our first trip was Easter weekend and it was 30 degrees and snow flurries when we left. Actually just makes us appreciate having such a nice trailer if we have to spend our time inside. May have to trade up for a model with a fireplace if this trend continues!
It's supposed to clear off and turn nice tomorrow though so wish us luck!

stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:39 AM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Same here Steve! Planned a small trip this weekend (first) and the schools were closed yesterday because of the snow!
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:19 AM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Sounds like it's the weather gods! The camping gods never frown!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:22 AM   #4
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Are you still in Utah Judy, or did you get to Longmont?

Hope you didn't have to come through that yuck yesterday!
Old 04-26-2007, 07:53 AM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Brad, we are still in Moab. Thanks for asking. You are working on clearing that snow out for us next week, aren't you?

But here's a secret....you don't have to leave Utah to have an issue with snow. We decided to take the loop through the La Sal mountains the other day. It's a beautiful drive but we did notice that there was new snow in the higher elevations. We'd had rain during the night. The snow got deeper and deeper but wasn't on the road....but then it was! We lost traction (not a fun thing at 9000 feet) so Glen backed up about 1/3 of a mile until we found a place to turn around. Happened to notice tracks from another vehicle there, too! It was about our most scary traveling adventure. They don't put guardrails in those mountains, ya know!
Old 04-26-2007, 08:39 AM   #6
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Oh-NO!

I assume you weren't towing Judy. My worst nightmare, and it happens quite a bit. Even in the summer I'll hit a little freezing rain and snow trying to get over the high passes. This year I think it will still be snowing in July.

Anyway - I've got all the snow cleared off for you here. Had some help with the 60 degree day - up to 80 degrees Sunday
Old 04-26-2007, 09:22 AM   #7
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Not towing, for sure. There aren't many roads around here, except for 191, where we would tow. We checked out some of the campgrounds in the scenic areas and didn't see many rigs over 34'. Beautiful settings though.

Thanks for getting rid of that snow, Brad. Guess we'll move on next week as planned.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:55 PM   #8
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Judy and Glen it is so good to see you out on these fantastic adventures. It's good to know that there are folks like you still out there not just trying.... but actually doing! Keep it up I, too, someday want to be like you guys!

Keep up the good work. There is just so much of it out there. And time is running short.

See you soon.

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 03:19 AM   #9
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thank you, Dennis and Mary Kay. I hope you've taken a peek at our blog, not because our pictures are so great, but because Utah is so picturesque. It's a photographer's dreamland. There's no place like it! We're having a great time.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:30 AM   #10
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Gee, should I feel guilty for the clear skies and the 63 degree weather. The window beside my bed allowed a pleasant wisp of breeze on my face and that, along with the call of birds, awakened me this morning. The grand children will come by noon and we will eat homemade chili at the newly constructed picnic table at our home site.

A community fish fry to raise funds for the Marquez Public Library will occupy our evening and feed our daughter's family. Unless one of the kids fall, out of a tree or into the pond 50 yards out from our big rear window, we are expecting an excellent day.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 07:22 AM   #11
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Well - I guess the camping gods gave me a break!!!!

Sitting by the lake, 79 Degrees. This is the way to have a maiden voyage! C'mon over Judy.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:27 AM   #12
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Good job, Brad! We'll be traveling east on Wednesday so hold that weather.

Stiles, I refuse to feel guilty about something that I can't control. And we both know Who controls the weather. I'm mostly jealous that you're going to be with your grandchildren today. We haven't seen ours since Dec. and Jan., but that's another subject. Enjoy your family and your new picnic table.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:43 AM   #13
stevemc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6587
Brad, sounds nice; enjoy! Our weather cleared up Friday and we had a nice trip. Had to come home Sat. because of commitments but it was a nice couple of days. Already counting the days till the next one!
stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:31 AM   #14
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Glad to hear that you found some nice weather and had a good time, Steve and Jean.