Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Electric Awning Arms

I just found on an SOB site posting regarding the ability to angle the electric awning to facilitate rain run off on the electric awning. The newer electric awnings seem to have the adjustment which allows this but the older ones do not.

According to the SOB site free replacement arms are available from AE/Dometic but need to be ordered by the dealer. Has anyone done this? I sent my dealer an email asking if he can order them for me and will post his answer when I hear back from him.

c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:09 AM   #2
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Last year, when the arms were new, I asked my dealer to order the arms for me and haven't heard from them yet. I guess that I need to call them and rattle their cage a bit.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:53 AM   #3
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Maybe they figured they wouldn't make any money on it. My service guy is great but the parts guy isn't quite as customer oriented. After 32 years in parts distribution I get a little aggrevated when I don't get the proper response from either service or parts but waiting a year would have really pushed my button.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:14 AM   #4
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
I was so busy with other mods and work that it slipped my mind until I see them on another trailer or read about them here. I'm going to call them on Monday.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:10 AM   #5
footloose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9442
Camping World will order them for you (to be shipped to you) free of charge. We did that, and then to our chagrin realized that the arm replacement was the same arm we already have. Oops.
Sharon
footloose is offline   Reply With Quote