Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2005, 02:42 AM   #1
Jerry and Lori

M.O.C. #1804
Decals

We seem to have a problem with the Decals chipping on the front of the Montana. We noticed it when washing the Beast on Sunday. Anybody having same problem? Any suggestions? Thanks

Jerry and Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 04:50 AM   #2
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
yes, mine is doing same thing, just keep good coat of wax on the front every few months that helps. It's the big bugs that are getting you.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 10:49 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Same thing here. I haven't found a solution to this.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 06:39 PM   #4
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
We also had the same problem - Keystone replaced ours under warranty. Didn't seem to suffer any damage during our trip last June - Jack just waxed it and things were A-ok. The poor thing has been parked since July 7th. We are hoping for a first trip out before long but lots pending here. For all under warranty check with your dealer for replacement. Good luck.

Safe travels.
Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 08:54 PM   #5
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Ok here is a thought...
I am actually going to look into this next week. I had the clear bra installed on the new car when I bought it. It is guaranteed for life of the vehicle against any rock chips or scratches on the paint. It was installed on the plastic bumpers, headlights, and hood. Not sure if it will work on fiberglass but might just be the thing to have done. I am amazed at how easy the bugs come right off the front of the car, and best part, no scratches or chips in the paint.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 08:14 AM   #6
palebluedot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #36
Have you ever watched a NASCAR race and see the crew men peel off those tear-a-way windshield covers. They have several layers of the stuff on the windshield with a tab at the corner. Just a tug on the tab and the outer layer zips off and leaves a clean window underneath. I suppose the static cling holds them in place during the race. I have wished some company would make a large enough model for the front of the 5er. Hey, maybe a giant sheet of seran wrap would work !! Just peel the layer of bugs off when you get back home.
palebluedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:46 AM   #7
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
I've used silicone spray, pam, wd40, wax...and maybe a few others, but I think the big key is keeping it clean. with a clean smooth surface the bugs will slide off easier than sticking.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 01:48 PM   #8
jerryb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #137
Be sure to read the label on the wax you use, a lot of wax's and car polish have a warning about not useing on vinyl or decals.
jerryb is offline   Reply With Quote