Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2008, 08:43 AM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Diesel Particulate filter (DPF) 101

Everything you ever wanted to know about the DPF

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/articl...icle-07-03.php

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:01 PM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Rich, Is that where Ford takes care of the burning process then inside that filter?
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:30 PM   #3
Leaseit
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5356
Rich.... WOW Good work on finding some great information about Regen and how it all works together...
Leaseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:31 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Friday we headed towards Tucson to have lunch with some very nice MOC'ers we'd never met. We got about two miles when we heard two loud "bongs." I looked at the computer and it said "catalyst full.". We were two miles from the Dodge dealer so turned around. As we got back on the road, the computer changed to "catalyst stat 80%." By the time we got to the dealer it read "catalyst stat 70%."

As it turns out, last month I took the truck in for a recall to have the oxygen sensor replaced with a newer design. It seems they were supposed to update/flash the computer at the same time to match the new sensor's functionality. They didn't. So, regens were not taking place as they should. The dealer flashed the computer and did a full regen. We went on to Tucson and did some other driving around on errands, totaling about 180 miles. So far, so good. The dealer tech apologized profusely. I was impressed that he came to us and told us they'd screwed up.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:09 PM   #5
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Steve: Sounds like a dealer that wants to keep your business!! You know Ed Schram's here -- they are small but they are the same way. Went to the RV show in Wichita today -- no Montana products ( 4 Seasons wasn't event here ; on the way back I stopped in Salina and test drove a 5500; that 6.7 is super; 4.88 rear gears sucked though -- 2300 rpm at 70 mph; would hate to see what that does to mileage. In any case, reason for my comment was that the more I test drive the more I want to trade but -- well, with the 06 5.9L it is really a case of 'my I wants exceeding my I needs' once again. Think I'll hold out just a bit longer.

skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:59 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Your 06 is an excellent truck. I think I'd hang onto it. I do agree about the 6.7, though. It still amazes me how it climbs those hills holding speed without revving way up there. It just doesn't seem to work hard at all.

In my case, it's not only wants exceeding needs. My pocketbook is also a factor.

The dealer did impress me. Interestingly, it's Beaudry, so probably related to the Beaudry Rv in Tucson. And this dealer also carries Chevrolet. It is funny to see new Dodges and Chevrolets side by side.

When we were looking for our first Montana, a 2880RL, I went to the Wichita RV Show (from Topeka). No Montanas there but I heard one couple telling another couple about a 2880RL at Four Seasons in Abilene and they thought they'd go ahead an buy it. I asked a couple of questions about it, then headed to the car, drove to Abilene, and put a deposit on the 2880RL.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote